[Game Type] Last Team Standing / Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Game Type] Last Team Standing / Ideas

The objective of Last Team Standing (LTS) is to win two rounds by eliminating the other team.
    Teams are eliminated once their Respawn Pools have been depleted and the remaining players have been killed.
    The Respawn Pool is a fixed number of respawns shared among all players on a team.
    The Respawn Pool Size starts out the same for both teams.
    When any team has one player left, they have 60 seconds to kill each other, or the round ends in a reset.

(This is identical to Team DeathMatch in Gears of War 3.)

Respawn Pools

- When a player dies, the respawn pool of the team shrinks by one.
    - Players who die respawn at a random location with spawn protection.
    - Teams are notified once their respawn pool becomes depleted.

What about weapons?

- Players could start with a preset loadout of two or three weapons + defaults (shield gun and assault rifle).
    - Weapons not in the loadout would have to be picked up when they spawn (weapons stay disabled).

What resources are available?

- Major items (Double Damage, Super Shield, Big Keg O' Health, ...) remain on the map
    -- Teams may want to control these resources.
    - Lesser items (Adrenaline Pills, Health Vials, Health Packs, ...) are removed.
    - All ammunition pickups are removed.
    -- Allow throwing weapons to transfer ammunition?

What if a player changes teams mid-game?

- Restrict team changes between rounds?
    -- There's a countdown between rounds to sort this out.

What happens when a round ends?

- Gameplay is frozen with a short summary before the next round starts.

So, any perspectives on how this could play out in UT2004?

As far as I know, Last Team Standing already exists. I had it installed before.

Although you mentioned some improvements I would have liked to see too. The gametype I played didn't show how many lives the others had if I recall correctly. It would have been useful to know. Other than that, I thought it would have been neat to have the respawn be like in TAM where you could specify that you have to wipe out the entire team (1 life for everyone per round) and the round scores count in the end and not just "kill everyone until their pool is empty", if you get what I mean.

Basically, a nicely customizable Last Team Standing gametype, that's what I never saw and I think would please everyone who wanted to play Last Man Standing in teams but didn't want the full weapon loadout as in TAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
      As far as I know, Last Team Standing already exists. I had it installed before.
      If you mean "Last Team Standing v1," then it's not the same (except in name, but the name can be a placeholder).
      http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=1044

Other than that, I thought it would have been neat to have the respawn be like in TAM where you could specify that you have to wipe out the entire team (1 life for everyone per round) and the round scores count in the end and not just "kill everyone until their pool is empty", if you get what I mean.
      So, basically, what you want is this game type to be exactly like TAM is today.. Thanks for the feedback. :>

Basically, a nicely customizable Last Team Standing gametype, that's what I never saw and I think would please everyone who wanted to play Last Man Standing in teams but didn't want the full weapon loadout as in TAM.
      Shouldn't be a problem (minus the sandbox game type thing).
      The loadout should be configurable, as it is in TAM.

Comment

Oh it is? I guess I should check out TAM again. Last time I played it, it was on the last Community Tournament - which is by now ages ago, heh. I never played it offline nor checked its configurations.

I wonder though if it would be possible for someone to create a Last Team Standing gametype or maybe mutator allowing a nicely customizable/configurable Last Team Standing on maps of any gametype (with vehicle support?)... basically, for team gametypes make the teams spawn in their respective bases otherwise spawn them just somewhere. Thoughts on this, rejecht?

Comment

Damnit, Sly! Fix your UT2004 install and join us next Tuesday to get up to speed on this stuff again. :P

Comment

lol
            I'm trying all I can do, but with such little information that's unfortunately not easy. You all know I want to be your target and I know you guys want to shoot me. If it ever works out, everyone will be happy. Maybe your cursed map cursed my UT2004 installation? I'm still not giving up on that one.

Comment

I wonder though if it would be possible for someone to create a Last Team Standing gametype or maybe mutator allowing a nicely customizable/configurable Last Team Standing on maps of any gametype (with vehicle support?)...
              Sounds like you have a new thread to make, Sir. :>

Basically, what I may have wanted feedback on was, liek--never mind, if I make this game type someday, I'll just release it as described/whatever happens, and then have complaints about the rules etc. :P

basically, for team gametypes make the teams spawn in their respective bases otherwise spawn them just somewhere. Thoughts on this, rejecht?
              My only thoughts are that you may want to list all the customizable/configurable features you are thinking about for the sandboxy game type in the other mod thread you are going to make, because I have no clue what you are thinking about. :]

(As for spawning teams together; the difficulty is lack of path nodes on many maps, thus there are generalized spawn algorithms that try their best before they must give up on finding a good spot; a spawn point is often occupied while a player is at that position. One solution is to spawn players at locations between path nodes, but that's a project on its own to get right.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                Damnit, Sly! Fix your UT2004 install and join us next Tuesday to get up to speed on this stuff again. :P
                Wait what where?

Comment

UTzone.de community events, every Tuesday and Thursday starting around 8pm CET. We meet on TS3 and pick one of the UTzone servers to play on, based on a game mode decision made in advance. So far we played iCTF, iTDM, Jailbreak and TAM. Others we already discussed are Betrayal, (vanilla) Onslaught and Racing Assault.

Comment

I have only fond memories of UTzon<3.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                      UTzone.de community events, every Tuesday and Thursday starting around 8pm CET. We meet on TS3 and pick one of the UTzone servers to play on, based on a game mode decision made in advance. So far we played iCTF, iTDM, Jailbreak and TAM. Others we already discussed are Betrayal, (vanilla) Onslaught and Racing Assault.
                      Ooh, nice, I like the idea of Racing and Onslaught. Not too big on TeamSpeak at that hour, though...

Comment

Working...
                      X