No announcement yet.

the Expendables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just came across this thing, apparently someone made a Q3's Doomguy model for Killing Floor (there's two mediafire links in the middle of the page)

And I just wondered...how hard would it be to port a KF model into UT2004?

Comment

is there another download link or do i have to join the steam workshop just to download it?
      also, is it for the kf retail game or kf mod

Comment

Originally posted by wetter View Post
        So I just came across ... a Q3's Doomguy model for Killing Floor
        And I just wondered...how hard would it be to port a KF model into UT2004?
        looks perfect! yeah, should* be very simple. downloaded both links, i'll look into him soon.

Faith - Mirror's Edge

Comment

@ tidel: The Faith conversion looks good! How high poly is it (and can you make a lower poly version too?) On a side note I'm in the process of remaking Remus' DM-RB-NewEden map from UT3 for UT2k4. This model would obviously fit the theme quite well...

Comment

thats cool!

Comment

duke, lara, samus WIP

Comment

I appreciate all the hard work you're putting into this. I'm glad to see there are talented modders still working on UT2004 (my favorite in the series) instead of UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by rts375 View Post
                  I appreciate all the hard work you're putting into this. I'm glad to see there are talented modders still working on UT2004 (my favorite in the series) instead of UT3.
                  thanks for your feedback! i really appreciate it. know that your words mean a lot to the passionate modders of the UT2004 community.
                  the way i see it, UT2004 barely has a pulse anymore..
                  i just want one of the best FPS games ever made to go out with a bang.

..one game that has 'em all..

expect some releases today..

happy birthday tidel.

Comment

Is someone still working on Doomguy? If not, I've been requested to make Doomguy for the server I play on.

It was requested that he - visorless - have his pet's rabbit-head on his belt (just like the scene in the end of the very first game).

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon7350 View Post
                      Has someone still working on Doomguy?
                      i was able to extract the Killing Floor DoomGuy model hoping that the skeleton would be identical to the UT2004 skeleton, apparently not.
                      after rotating his arms outward to match the UT2004 skeleton, i reassigned his weight maps to the UT2004 skeleton,
                      but i didn't like the rig very much so i re-rigged him myself, yet i'm still not happy with the results.
                      i have yet to rig the DoomGuy model that i ripped from THPS3

Comment

If I go ahead and make him, should I make the visorless version only and let you finish the visored one? Otherwise I'll make both in the same pack.

Comment

I am going to be submitting Doomguy soon. He stays true to the original Doom and he will have helmet and no-helmet versions. He will resemble the end-game screen of Doom.

Comment

I am still hoping for some of the expendable characters you were working on.
                            Niko, Domino and Deadpool.
                            Hope to see some more work from ya tidel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon7350 View Post
                              I am going to be submitting Doomguy soon. He stays true to the original Doom and he will have helmet and no-helmet versions. He will resemble the end-game screen of Doom.
                              sorry for the horrible correspondence. i think he came out great! i did work on two helmet versions but feel they are not ready for primetime.

Originally posted by Parkis G View Post
                              Niko, Domino and Deadpool. Hope to see some more work from ya tidel.
                              thanks for the reply! i'll email ya..

Comment

Turok might be fit to make it onto the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X