No announcement yet.

the Expendables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Err.. This probably may not be the best idea request to come up, but perhaps the characters from Star Fox: Assault (preferably the original 4 SF members: Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy) could be done?

The Assault models can be grabbed here: http://files.krystalarchive.com/Braw...rFoxModels.zip

Comment

those models are in obj format, that means it usually doesn't have bones in it(there are some exceptions though)

chances are your gonna have to reskin them

Comment

Originally posted by hunterman View Post
        thanks! if only it was useable = /

Originally posted by Blade_hunter View Post
        Nice stuff
        thanks! much appreciated!

Originally posted by Ayasme View Post
        Star Fox: Assault
        this request should not be part of this thread which is really for characters that would fit as part of the 'Video Game Expendables'
        next time, consider making another thread for a request like this.
        that said, i think it's a great idea! these characters would fit great in UT2004.
        i looked through all the models and personally i'd rather use the Brawl models for Fox, Falco, & Wolf.
        these models look relatively thin compared to their Brawl counterparts.
        i especially like this Krystal model. the same model was ported to Brawl & requested by spaceman022 (in the wrong sub-forum)
        although a pretty good BlueVixen model already exists.
        i really think it's a great idea & really think they should be done well,
        just don't look at me, cause i already have a lot on my plate, & frankly i've only rented StarFox on the SNES once.
        Ayasme, maybe this could be your project? i think Rayman came out great for your first model.
        already imagining a StarFox model pack with these Krystal, Peppy, & Slippy models and Brawl models of Fox, Falco, & Wolf.

Originally posted by Budboy View Post
        chances are your gonna have to reskin them
        while annoying, i'm sure someone skilled & inspired could pull this off in one day.
        at least most of them are in T-pose or bent arm pose. single textures & the polygon counts are already low.

Comment

A Star Fox model pack could probably be arranged.

I just have to figure out how to get Fox and Wolf's eyes open and Falco's eyes properly textured in BrawlBox (i'm still very, VERY noob at that program lul ), then get them exported and ready for rigging in MilkShape.

Comment

Furries don't fit the "expendables" theme and should be in their own thread or project.

Besides, doesn't UT2004 have enough anthro foxes, vixens, rabbits and birds already?

Comment

experimenting with a new automated rigging process..

"let go of my cousin!"

Comment

Hey Nico, let's go bowling! xD

Awesome! That automated process seems to work pretty well, only a little adjusting would be needed at the arms.

Comment

ah man Nico, this is nice, i love gta4, i hope there is a voice pack for him, that would be really cool as well,
                  bowling, lol, i'm there

Comment

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
                    only a little adjusting would be needed at the arms.
                    the left wrist to left hand area is always tricky. the automated process it works pretty well but it's not perfect.
                    the largest problem seems to be how it assigns too many chest vertices to the UpperArm bone. still have a lot to learn.

Originally posted by Parkis G View Post
                    ah man Nico...i hope there is a voice pack for him
                    yeah, that would be great for his iconic accent! "we're all looking for that special someone"

made a quick video while testing out some of the new models that were rigged automatically,

Comment

Are you people still working on this? I hope so; well, I guess this might interest you

A long, LONG time ago I made a crappy reskin of the Liandri Trooper inspired by the Doomguy, just for personal use, and since you listed that model as an alternative, I guess I should share it so you can use it for the time being and see what do you think of it

Preview

Download
                      http://www.mediafire.com/?98zllqtw0ldhd4k

Keep up with the good work, guys!

Comment

Do you have a link for that DOOM map?

Comment

I'm not COMPLETELY sure if this is the one, but here it is
                          http://www.gamefront.com/files/DM+e1.../fileinfo.html

Anyway, I prefer this version instead, pretty laggy at first, but eh, looks great
                          http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...=2046&langid=2

So sad to see that there's only a few Doom maps for UT2004 (E1M1, Dead Simple and Tower Of Babel)

Comment

Originally posted by wetter View Post
                            Are you people still working on this?
                            reskin of the Liandri Trooper inspired by the Doomguy
                            i'm kinda on the other side of the world right now
                            i look forward to working on the 'expendables' after i'm back stateside

thanks for your comment & sharing your work,
                            i feel like there are many people still in the community, but not enough people actually participate in the forums
                            the reskin is not bad, although the green is quite a bit too strong,
                            i imagine it should be darker with some more contrast
                            lemme know if u plan on tweaking it some more, because the original doom textures are rather pixelated

Comment

Originally posted by wetter View Post
                              I'm not COMPLETELY sure if this is the one, but here it is
                              http://www.gamefront.com/files/DM+e1.../fileinfo.html

Anyway, I prefer this version instead, pretty laggy at first, but eh, looks great
                              http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...=2046&langid=2

So sad to see that there's only a few Doom maps for UT2004 (E1M1, Dead Simple and Tower Of Babel)
                              Thank you. The first link was to the classic style Doom map. I know about the second map, it was unbearably laggy when I last played it on an old computer.

Comment

If one was so inclined, the more modern Doom3 Marine/Campbell is located here:
                                http://www.gamefront.com/files/5075960/D3_Marine

****BUT, ya gotta swap the UPL. They forgot to put "fixed" after the mesh and all textures. So try this instead:

Player=(DefaultName="D3Marine",Race="ICCS",Mesh=D3 Marinefixed.D3Marine,species=xGame.SPECIES_Human,B odySkin=D3Marinefixed.MarineBody,FaceSkin=D3Marine fixed.Head,Portrait=D3Marinefixed.Portrait,Sex=Mal e,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,Jumpiness=+0. 7,CombatStyle=+2.0,Tactics=+0.2,Aggressiveness=+0. 3,Accuracy=+0.4,StrafingAbility=+0.7,ReactionTime= +2.0,TeamFace=1,BotUse=5,Menu="",Text="Name: D3Marine|Age: 30|Race: ICCS||Data:||Our favorite Doom 3 Marine joins the Unreal games.||")

Player=(DefaultName="D3MarineBlack",Race="ICCS",Me sh=D3Marinefixed.D3Marine,species=xGame.SPECIES_Hu man,BodySkin=D3Marinefixed.MarineBodyblack,FaceSki n=D3Marinefixed.Head,Portrait=D3Marinefixed.Portra it,Sex=Male,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,Jum piness=+0.7,CombatStyle=+2.0,Tactics=+0.2,Aggressi veness=+0.3,Accuracy=+0.4,StrafingAbility=+0.7,Rea ctionTime=+2.0,TeamFace=1,BotUse=5,Menu="",Text="N ame: D3Marine|Age: 30|Race: ICCS||Data:||Our favorite Doom 3 Marine joins the Unreal games.||")

Player=(DefaultName="D3Campbell",Race="ICCS",Mesh= D3Marinefixed.Campbell,species=xGame.SPECIES_Human ,BodySkin=D3Marinefixed.MarineBody,FaceSkin=D3Mari nefixed.CampbellHead,Portrait=D3Marinefixed.Campbe llPortrait,Sex=Male,FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCa nnon,Jumpiness=+0.7,CombatStyle=+2.0,Tactics=+0.2, Aggressiveness=+0.3,Accuracy=+0.4,StrafingAbility= +0.7,ReactionTime=+2.0,TeamFace=0,BotUse=5,Menu="" ,Text="Name: D3Campbell|Age: 30|Race: ICCS||Data:||Doom 3 Campbell joins the championship.||")

Also, regarding Gordan Freeman, there is an HEV suit voice pack somewhere...

edit: here:
                                http://www.gamefront.com/files/servi...you?id=3872488

Comment

Working...
                                X