Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3's DM-Gateway for UT2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3's DM-Gateway for UT2004

I would love to see this multiworld map from UT3 in UT2004.
    Anyone willing to remake? Or maybe it has been already done? I haven't found anything.

DM-Seasons is close.

Comment

Close, but I don't really like it. I would prefer DM-Gateway. Or something more similar to it.

I also wonder if there are ANY other UT3 maps remade for UT2004?

Comment

I think there was a Floodgate remake, then there is the Suspense remake and a Downtown remake.

Comment

hmm... DM-Gateway, sound like a cool map to try and make, I might make something similar but not exact.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
            I think there was a Floodgate remake, then there is the Suspense remake and a Downtown remake.
            And Avalanche:
            http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=18497

Comment

Sly & lilalurl: Thanks!

Dy1ngs0ul: That would be great. Let us know if you decide to do it.

Comment

A Gateway port that makes use of WarpZones would be really nice.

Comment

Yes! I really hope somebody will make this happen.

Comment

cool looking map... have you seen DM-Tecta ? one of my favorite maps. I know not the same but very cool
                    http://www.unreal.shaungoeppinger.com/maps.html

Comment

Warpzones don't behave with Skyboxes, so that is probably not altogether the best option. No problems with regular teleporters though.

Comment

I'm curious whether they work with multiple skyboxes though. If it just shows the subtracted cube of the sublevel you enter through the warpzone, one could make an illusion of a sky by placing a screenshot texture of the skybox on the cube from the angle you see it when you enter it through the warpzone.

Comment

I'm curious whether they work with multiple skyboxes though. If it just shows the subtracted cube of the sublevel you enter through the warpzone, one could make an illusion of a sky by placing a screenshot texture of the skybox on the cube from the angle you see it when you enter it through the warpzone.
                          Just use teleporters and this:

http://www.angelmapper.com/gamedev/t...tipleskies.htm

Comment

Yeah, I know multiple skies. But I'm curious whether they work with warpzones, if they do, that would push the visuals of the map.

Comment

Yeah, I know multiple skies. But I'm curious whether they work with warpzones, if they do, that would push the visuals of the map.
                              I've never been clear on why warpzones are really for and why you'd use one over a teleporter. What's the deal on the Warpzones? I'm about to PM you on something as well.

EDIT: Did some reading on them and I get it now. I did find this quote from Steve Polge on warpzones.

I'd recommend confining your warpzones to zones with no skybox.

-
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X