assault remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

assault remake

how about making assault game mode that there are 2 teams every team has an own base and the team must destroy the AI generator example in the enemy base but the team must protect his own AI generator (or maybe they have another objec to destroy or use)

Onslaught.
    And if it's not "Assaultish" enough, the mapping tools will do the rest, standalone nodes, timer nodes, events, etc.

Comment

I have had the idea of a "two-way assault" too before, but I figured it would be achievable with onslaught. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
        Onslaught.
        And if it's not "Assaultish" enough, the mapping tools will do the rest, standalone nodes, timer nodes, events, etc.
        no i mean make that there are 2 bases an they have gates example if the red team destroyed the blue teams gate then red can go to next objective exmple use a switch but blue will stay in the destroy the red teams gate and they cannot rebuild the gate any more.
        and heres another one:
        exaple attacker base and defender base the red team is defender and blue is attacker blue have to destroy the red gate and red have to destroy blues transport vehicle

Comment

Well, not just the original UT99 Assault gametype which you'll be the attacker first when loading the AS map if you are a Red Team or a Blue Team (but not a defender until the final objective is destroyed). I kinda agree, opposing team switch places in the first round of the UT2004 Assault gametype: Blue Team should be the attackers and Red Team should be the defenders (if it'll make something to switch your team color); there's something making a new mutator/code will be used for Assault.

Comment

It really shouldn't that be really hard to do with a simple map tweak or coding.

Comment

Originally posted by maxim123 View Post
              no i mean make that there are 2 bases an they have gates example if the red team destroyed the blue teams gate then red can go to next objective exmple use a switch but blue will stay in the destroy the red teams gate and they cannot rebuild the gate any more.
              and heres another one:
              exaple attacker base and defender base the red team is defender and blue is attacker blue have to destroy the red gate and red have to destroy blues transport vehicle
              Can be done with ONS.

Comment

This sounds a lot like the AS-Command&Conquer maps currently available.

Comment

Agreed Turbo. I built Command & Mario, and that was scripted using triggers, counters, and a custom scoreboard and trigger objectives (that way either team can trigger an objective regardless of the team). Never cared to re-do the assault mode because a simple "ignore team announcements, your score is here" does the trick for players to understand it.

Comment

They are actually really fun maps if you have enough human players.

Comment

can you give me the C&C assault maps? please??

P.S: the C&C maps are on RACE game type no?

Comment

Not trying to plug anything maxim but it is in my map pack you can get it via my personal site. I don't believe I obfuscated the map so you should be able to see all the code and pieces. When you're mentioning race maps that is a matter of opinion. It is a race in a way because two teams are racing and you aren't successful unless you make use of the vehicles. But on one hand the goal isn't to drive a vehicle to a specific spot. I think Tsumetai said it best when he produced the first C&C level, it's "Fort Sport" a battle to build your fort quicker than the others.

http://pwc-gaming.com/files/75/ <-- Link to Map Pack.
                        I suggest getting the pack because the map has a lot of dependencies but they are not related to the scoring system so you should be ok.

Fender Benders is included too that has two teams that can score at once. Check them both out. You can always contact me for help, I am not always fast at responding but I can try my best.

Comment

Working...
                        X