Vehicle ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle ideas

How cool would it be if there was an AC130 Spooky gunship in UT2004, most people may say it is a stupid idea, but I would love to see one made for this game.

Another vehicle I would like to see is a flying Aircraft Carrier, carrying raptors or Cicadas or some other flying vehicle.

Sadly these are only dreams

I don't know what that AC130 is, could you show some pictures of that?

Aircraft carrier... Well, I'd say it would be doable but finding a coder/modeler/texturer that is willing to either free up time for that or bypass his burnout syndrome and lift off his armchair to do it.
    At least I can say all the mecahnics needed have been created in one or the other form already...

Comment

Put up some concept art for the flying aircraft carrier thingy, and I *might* be able to provide you a very low-poly, non UV mapped test model to use to prove that the concept works. If I recall correctly you can have karma vehicles rest on other vehicles, but it is a tad tricky to get it to work smoothly (they constantly want to slide off). It would probably be easier code-wise to have a carrier vehicle that "launched" the air vehicles (kind of like BattleStar Galactica) since you would not have to deal with the collision concerns.

Comment

The Aircraft carrier thing is not my own concept, I can't do any of that stuff, got it online but it gives an idea of what one would look like.

Comment

meowcat, what I was referring to is the Airpower mod, which features a dropship able to pick up vehicles, which attaches them to a spot on the rear. Perhaps a similar mechanic could be used with the aircrafts on the carrier?

Comment

the carrier I was thinking was along the lines of the Starcraft Protoss' carrier ship

like, the ship has a primary weapon of a laser of sorts but the secondary fire is a aerial version of the ONS Spider Mines, of which the mines or drones then shoot down enemies with projectiles(can't use lasers cause then that would be too cheap) like say link gun projectiles

then after there are no more enemies around they dock back into the main ship and can be redeployed by pressing alt-fire again

Comment

I have come up with some new vehicles.
              1: A battle armour, something similar to that in the 2009 movie Avatar
              2: This robot thing from the Mass Effect game, the Geth Colossus or something
              and 3: A better UT2004 Navy mod.

Comment

Working...
              X