Weapon model showcase! Need textures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon model showcase! Need textures...

I am posting on behalf on a friend of mine, who is looking for a texture and uv mapper for his models..

That and he wants to show off...

Anyway anyone interested? Its for a Ut2004 BW Weapon add-on pack.

*cough cough* Just as a side note: That friend of his said that the textures are the last thing that need to be done before they are finished and can be released.

Comment

BTW, More models!!!!

Comment

Not trying to be a jerk, but that modeling friend should learn how to use his modeling program's UV mapping feature soon! (A modeler who can't do the UV maps is not a complete modeler! (in my opinion) ) That being said, those look fantastic! I'd personally recommend that the triangle counts be reduced by around 60-80% on all of those parts of the model that will not be onscreen much/behind the camera (like the back stocks, trigger hand grip handles).

Comment

in 3ds max IIRC there was a Unwrap UW tool

I use that to wrap/skin stuff

Comment

Thing is he is using Blender...

He wants to do his main focus on modeling, and so he wants help.

He apparently is working on getting more gun models...ALOT MORE, and has little to no time to actually try to texture the guns. But my hunch tells me he just doesn't want to do textures. :P

He can do models, and animations. I'm mainly responsible for coding these guns, only person we need is a texture guy...

Also, his models will come in regular and optimized versions.

Comment

Nice looking weapons

Comment

He still have to do his UVs, I couldn't send my models for texturing without UVs, it's the most unfun part of modeling, at least it is to me, but it's needed no matter what you want to do.
                I also think he have to reduce the polycount of his cylinders mostly on barrel parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade_hunter View Post
                  He still have to do his UVs, I couldn't send my models for texturing without UVs, it's the most unfun part of modeling, at least it is to me, but it's needed no matter what you want to do.
                  I also think he have to reduce the polycount of his cylinders mostly on barrel parts.
                  He says he will give the potential texture guy his models for UV wrapping and textures once he finds one.

Also, like I said b4, I do recall that he will have optimized versions as well, meaning less polys.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade_hunter View Post
                    ..... without UVs, it's the most unfun part of modeling, ....
                    Quoted for truth!! Texturing/skinning (at least minimally acceptable) is downright easy for mechanical objects once the UVs are done, but ugh... creating the UV maps (especially for those of us without 3DS-Max or Maya) is no fun at all!

Comment

Ok, I have some of the models ready to be put ingame, if I can get someone to help us I'll go ahead and lend ya the models to work on. :P

Comment

Before there should be UVs you need to fix the topology first.

Comment

Good news!! We got UV's done, after some persistence from me, only thing we need are textures now.

Comment

Was this thread approved by a mod?.....jk

Comment

We do still need someone who is good at textures though.... :/

Even if I got him to get UV's, he still can't, or wont do textures.

Comment

Working...
                              X