Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gears of War Monsters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears of War Monsters

EveryBody loves their locust and I love them too but what if we and work with me here somehow convert them into ut2004 imagine kiling Brumaks with pecision and sniping berserkers with a lightning gun

It should be easy to do, since we have GOW characters in already.

I'm not doing it though.

Comment

Awww plz just get the models and import them and i'll take care of the rest

Comment

It's a question of the game's EULA in the first place. I don't even know if the models were imported the "legal" way. Sure, both are Epic Games games but officially you are only allowed to port something from one Unreal game to another - and Gears of War is no Unreal, no Unreal Championship and no Unreal Tournament. Whoever is going to do this, the person will have to ask Epic in the first place and wait for their answer - and if it's a no, we'll have to deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
          It's a question of the game's EULA in the first place. I don't even know if the models were imported the "legal" way. Sure, both are Epic Games games but officially you are only allowed to port something from one Unreal game to another - and Gears of War is no Unreal, no Unreal Championship and no Unreal Tournament. Whoever is going to do this, the person will have to ask Epic in the first place and wait for their answer - and if it's a no, we'll have to deal with it.
          Im pretty sure its legal... :/

Given the fact we have a good amount of GOW assets used for UT2004 and UT3.

Such as the voice packs and Character Models.

It would be nice if we can get a verification from someone nevertheless.

Comment

On the one hand, the released GOW characters never got any cease and desist order by EPIC, which might be a prove of their legality, on the other hand I don't want to go and ask an admin about it only to provoke the thread with the GOW characters being closed and removed...

Also, it might be possible that Yourpackage, who converted the models asked EPIC and got permission, but only for the characters. That means one would have to ask for the monsters again. Still, if the characters were allowed to be ported, there should be a fair chance that the monsters are allowed too.

Comment

I would try to do it, but I'm already busy with something else

heh

Comment

Well, maybe try searching the place and find the guys who imported the Characters and ask them about it.

Comment

YourPackage is rarely on the forum and doesn't respond to PMs or visitor messages often. Occasionally he shows up and posts a great model but other than that... Would be great to see him on here more frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                    YourPackage is rarely on the forum and doesn't respond to PMs or visitor messages often. Occasionally he shows up and posts a great model but other than that... Would be great to see him on here more frequently.
                    YEAP!!! But we should have at least some kind of word that were allowed to use em.

Comment

Working...
                    X