Aqualung from Unreal\UT (mod\mutator)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqualung from Unreal\UT (mod\mutator)

Is it possible for a mod\mutator of the aqualung from Unreal\UT1999 for under the sea maps in UT2004?The reason I ask is that I am busy re-importing a UT CTF water map thats in a fish tank which I made ages ago and I would like to really make this map enjoyable and not keep dying because I keep running out of air while battling in the water....

A Mutator would probably just need to set the Pawn's UnderwaterTime to -1 or a really high value.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
      A Mutator would probably just need to set the Pawn's UnderwaterTime to -1 or a really high value.
      I'm suprised no one has ever tried to do something like this before?Would be interesting to see what kind of maps are created,etc....

Comment

There is a Scuba gear pickup for UT2004. It's in AS-AbyssLite if you are looking for it, simply select it in Abyss, copy it, open your map, then paste it in your map.

Comment

^Exactly this, was just going to post that until I read your post. AbyssLite is a free remake/interpretation of AS-OceanFloor from UT99 by Spoondog.

If you're going to use it for something, don't forget to credit whoever made it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
            ^Exactly this, was just going to post that until I read your post. AbyssLite is a free remake/interpretation of AS-OceanFloor from UT99 by Spoondog.

If you're going to use it for something, don't forget to credit whoever made it.
            @Wail of Suicide

Thanks and Sly I won't forget to credit the creator of the scuba gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post

@Wail of Suicide

Thanks and Sly I won't forget to credit the creator of the scuba gear.

Comment

Unfortunately my laptop's hdd decided to die yesterday and for some weird unknown reason I had not backed up the updated UT version of my map and the re-imported ut2k4 version of the map that I wanted to use the scuba gear in and therefore is lost forever! :'( Unfortunately my main pc is too messed up to be used to complete\redo what I had done on the UT and UT2k4 version of the map.

Comment

Good news is that it turns out that I had backed up the ut2k4 version of my ut99 water\fish tank map and from that map I was able to copy and paste the custom frames back into the ut99 version of the map which quickly got me back up to speed as I hijacked my dad's laptop to carry-on what I was doing... I played the enhanced version of my ut99 map but I cheated a bit with the portal gun mod which was fun... Using the custom scuba tanks from as-abyss-lite works like a dream!Even the bubbles that come from you when swim in the water and as they
                  "collect" under the base. With the custom scuba tank makes me want to do a import of the ut99 map CTF-Deepcorepf as it is an awesome undersea map!!!!

I would like to just add more detail like seaweed to the map but what I don't have a clue where to find it?Does anyone know what useage rights are for using unreal2 static meshes in ut2k4 as I have been able to get the various versions of the 3 types of crates imported with their textures(with one of the ut2k4 shaders used for each of the textures for a subtle efftect ) into ut2k4?There are a number of other stuff I would like to add but want to find out before I do so I don't get into trouble with legend entertainment,Epic games,etc...I tried to create a .un2 map but the editor from Unreal 2 won't allow me to save maps as I get a message which says that Unreal2 doesn't allow maps with one or more spaces in the maps name but the map name doesn't contain spaces at all?

I used ut3converter2-025a to extract the contents of the maps but the Utx analyser app keeps stop responding in vista and as a result I have resort to the print screen method to get the textures but trying to find the correct ones is extremely difficult. .

Comment

Working...
                  X