Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Stripped Down - Multiplayer Only

Good day,

I've got a request for a modded, chopped down version for UT99 or UT2003.
    Is there one availible?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

Project BattleStar$

No. It technically already is multiplayer only with a single player simulation and a thrown on intro. Modifying the game would break the checksum and break the multiplayer.

If I understand you right, you want a warez rip.

NO.

Comment

If you've got some sort of project in mind, you should look into UDK (UT3) or Unreal Engine 2 Runtime (UT2k). Both are free to use with certain restrictions and could be considered bare bones versions of their respective games.

Comment

Thank you both for the reaction.

@arbee, i'm not looking for a rip, but a stripped down version so the size of the total game (Multiplayer only) is at its minimum.

@jefe, Yeah i looked into the engine. But i thought, let's not re-invent the wheel, perhaps somebody already stripped it down.

Well ok, back to the drawing table, thanks again!

With kind regards,

Project BattleStar$

Comment

I find your reply interesting. If you're creating a modification for UT2004, why would you want a stripped down version of the game? That's not how mods work. They work by adding content and extending code that is already present in the game. People will then only download the new files you created when they install the mod. They will be required to have the full game to run your mod; you don't deliver the full game plus your mod, or a stripped down version of the game. Offering the game for free is illegal, but so is selling for your modification when using any of the Unreal games as a base. To release a retail game, UDK is your best bet.

Perhaps you should tell us more about your project and how you plan to distribute it.

Comment

Working...
          X