Karma Collision Request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karma Collision Request.

Hey guys, i know that UT2004 pawns uses the cylinder collision, but, is there some way to use karma as the collision(by scripting)? I would like to hitting players be harder and more reallistic, like, this may not work to characters that have no karma, or make the shot hit the mesh, i dont know, i just think that some of that things would be cool, to replace the old collision and use the new one a mutator should take care to activate the script.
    Also makes vehicles use their static mesh as collision instead of collision boxes would be cool too!

Thanks
    Rampage

hmm nice idea lip i agree
    i,m supporting this

Comment

Nice Idea LIP but I don't know if anyone is willing to do it.

Comment

No need to use Karma for that. In fact, I doubt you'd like the results.

Comment

Yea, you need to use mesh collision. But do animated meshes support that to begin with?

Comment

Mmmm, i dunno, i guess that some animations will be hard to hit, although would be fun use karma collision

Comment

In order for the collision calculations to use the Vehicle's collision static mesh, the actor colliding with the vehicle (NOT the vehicle itself) needs to have its bUseCollisionStaticMesh set to true. The bioglob is one such actor, also in the Frag Ops mod ( I think) they set the pawn's bUseCollisionStaticMesh true so that the pawns could get closer/climb on the jeep vehicle in the mod. As you may have already experienced, having multiple collision boxes (e.g. greater than 3-4) can result in buggy collision detection against the vehicles some times.

Comment

Mmm, anyway, can someone do that?
                Because if there is something that i hate is some mode like the "Deinonychus", i not hate the model, but i hate to shot at his head and dont get a head shot because the players use "cylinder collision", so, one karma collision would be a lot better .

Thanks
                Rampage

Comment

Working...
                X