Idea? wherewolf/beast gametype/mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yeah, thats right, but just the mesh would be already very useful, then to do the 1st person anims is just to cut all it body(with the exception of the arms), and then make some new bones, and animations, or be, if we do the 3rd person mesh the 1st person will be a 'walk in the park'.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1st person makes sense and would be pretty cool, it's a 1st person shooter after all. You expect 1st person animations then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MDK1311 View Post
    It's a nice model, but not evil/scary enough. Also, for he/she/it whom will be the beast Must also have 1st person animations... I think I'll give it a try , Player-model and 1st person animations... If somebody would like to do the programming part... let us know....
    I'll post my first concept-sketches here within 1 or 2 days...
    Cordially, MDK
    It doesnt need first person animations, you could only allow thirdperson view for the beast, or you also want first person view?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can do the gametype, but i need some model to use as the werewolf, the scripts shouldnt be that hard, its like a mutator gametype, but just change some pawn's properties, so, the game i can do, but firstly i need the model.

Thanks
    Rampage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe you can ask this person to make a werewolf, it's the only player model maker left active in UT2004 I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's a nice model, but not evil/scary enough. Also, for he/she/it whom will be the beast Must also have 1st person animations... I think I'll give it a try , Player-model and 1st person animations... If somebody would like to do the programming part... let us know....
    I'll post my first concept-sketches here within 1 or 2 days...
    Cordially, MDK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is the model Silvermoon, which is a female werewolf and I've seen a model called "Lycaos" in a skinpack that I think would not be too bad for that role too. But the place I got it from is gone and I don't remember how the file was called...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The coding aspect of it sounds pretty easy, hard part is going to be getting a good werewolf model/animations. Would be a good mutator for Halloween, but that still be several months off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice one GreatEmerald

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Note that it's supposed to be "werewolf". Otherwise we would be able to say "therewolf!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes it is (I've edited/corrected the first post -- Redde Caesari que sunt Caesaris --)
    Let's hope so and if not... let's hope someone else would.
    Cordially, MDK

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds like a modified Mutant Gametype. I think it is possible, perhaps GPing could try it if he has nothing else to do and of course if he feels like doing it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Idea? wherewolf/beast gametype/mutator

Idea? wherewolf/beast gametype/mutator

How about a wherewolf Gametype/mutator?
    Idea is like the Mutant inUT/Juggernaut gametype in Halo: One random player is assigned to be the beast, all others have to track him down (would be cool to use an Invasion radar to track him).
    The beast only has melee attacks like claws and jaws and could kill almost instantly. also BIG BIG Health and very fast with high jumps. What also would be nice, is being able to lock on a player and from within a certain distance rush to him and claw/jaw him. Every kill the beast makes restores a bit of health. The beast would not have acces to pickups.
    Player that kills the beast becomes the beast. Players only scores by damaging the beast (except the bottom feeder, He will be able to score for killing a player, but that would be another Gametype/Mutator). Cooperation would be the key to succes, since the beast is overpowered. Also a well timed rush/claw/jaw would result in a blow to the player wich project him(or his cadaver) really far away. (a bit like a redeemer blow). Anyway, Because I'm no scripter/programmer I am able to do some Modellings/animations/Overlays/and other Graphical Stuff...
    If interested let me know... and I hope this gametype/mutator sees the day
    Cordially, MDK
Working...
X