Importing models into UT2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing models into UT2004

So I wanted to ask you guys about your say on importing other game models onto UT2004, like your opinions and whatnot

cause recently due to the fact that I don't have much to do for the rest of the day due to leaving work early I decided to fiddle with my 3ds max and learned that I can import models into UT2004(duh lol)

I managed to make this one model I joined from various models from several Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion custom models and make it work in-game.

Of course I have no plans whatsoever in 'releasing' it due to fact that a.) the models are not mine and b.)it was done out of freetime and whatnot, but still, it looks, well...see for yourself

I think the character was named Menace from Queen's Blade...or was close to her appearance anyway

you sir, should make me a fallout 3 power armor pack plz?
    this pack should include, power armor,enclave armor, tesla armor, and the hellfire armor.
    its more of a dream really, due to copyright laws its illegal i believe

Comment

Budboy,
      could you import Count Dooku and Chewbacca from JK2?

Comment

Star Wars: Republic Commando uses Unreal 2.0 engine. Importing models from this game should be kinda easy... I guess.

Gameplay video

Comment

Originally posted by StaffSgt View Post
          you sir, should make me a fallout 3 power armor pack plz?
          this pack should include, power armor,enclave armor, tesla armor, and the hellfire armor.
          its more of a dream really, due to copyright laws its illegal i believe
          yeah, unfortunately

which is why if I do decide to import these stuff in(and boy, that power armor would look SOOO good in UT2004/UT3) I would probably import those that are only available for download, and not the ones in-game. I CAN extract them if I wanted to, but like you said...it's illegal

after which I would still have to email the authors about using their models for other games. The tricky part is if said author is japanese...in my years of emailing people from japan I only got like 2 replies out of 40 + lol

I should note though that it is somewhat tricky to import stuff. For example, oblivion models are like 70 smaller scale wise than the standard uT2004 biped skeletons so there is still some tricky bone adjustment, and adjusting the weight per bone. That babe in the pic? It took 2 days for her to move properly cause initially she looks like some monster out of some B-movie lol

Comment

Well, conversions never stopped Qx9's ego from getting big with it as well as Project Torlan. They never asked for permission and players embraced the nicked stuff, so....

it's an 'at your own risk'.

Comment

well, all i can say is you should go for the power armor stuff, and if they say NO you can, at least yu can keep it for your self right? i say go for it, we could use POWER ARMOR DDDD

Comment

After all it would be some kind of advertisement for Fallout 3. I guess if you state where you got it from, then it should not get you into trouble.

About the model of your first post:
                You couldn't think of something else? I think there are enough (almost) naked manga girls with oversized breasts around.

Comment

that was just an example

Comment

Originally posted by Barionyx View Post
                    After all it would be some kind of advertisement for Fallout 3. I guess if you state where you got it from, then it should not get you into trouble.

About the model of your first post:
                    You couldn't think of something else? I think there are enough (almost) naked manga girls with oversized breasts around.
                    i agree, i think it will be great for both games

and yes lol i agree there are almost for to many out there.

Comment

to you people hatin on menace:

happy now?

Comment

I think there are enough (almost) naked manga girls with oversized breasts around.
                        It doesn't get much more than Hide's Eris series and those Fallen Angles. Xenoaisam's are creepy ugly.

There are more than enough catgirls though. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by Budboy View Post
                          to you people hatin on menace:

happy now?
                          im happy , but can we get more powerarmor? i like the fallout 3 ones, enclave fallout2? is that what it is? and could we get hellfire from fallout 3?
                          p.s. your first model is great its just there are lots like it.
                          also sorry for all the reqeusts, i see ur talent and im just useing it lol......

Comment

I am not really surprised anymore about some people's dreamy view on the life. It is NOT ok to just take stuff as long as you mention where it comes from.

Most of the IP holders don't like the idea of free advertising (that they never agreed to) at all and are more than likely to give you a cease and desist or worse.
                            "What if people would rather not buy the advertised stuff because they already got something of it out here for free?" That is only one reason that IP holders could have for disallowing it.

I don't know about the UT2k4 EULA, but the UDK terms strictly forbid the use of any third-party IP without explicit permission, even if the game is distributed without revenue. I don't see a reason why Epic should be less worried about this stuff happening in UT2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                              I am not really surprised anymore about some people's dreamy view on the life. It is NOT ok to just take stuff as long as you mention where it comes from.

Most of the IP holders don't like the idea of free advertising (that they never agreed to) at all and are more than likely to give you a cease and desist or worse.
                              "What if people would rather not buy the advertised stuff because they already got something of it out here for free?" That is only one reason that IP holders could have for disallowing it.

I don't know about the UT2k4 EULA, but the UDK terms strictly forbid the use of any third-party IP without explicit permission, even if the game is distributed without revenue. I don't see a reason why Epic should be less worried about this stuff happening in UT2k4.
                              so your saying, that we shouldnt worrie? but its bad to do so?

Comment

Working...
                              X