No announcement yet.

Ut3 weapons with hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@GreatEmerald: If I recall correctly, I think I uploaded the new version to Git. But you need to see the one I created (when I made the mistake and uploaded it again instead of uploading to yours).

Comment

Originally posted by meowcat View Post
      @
      The only way to possibly handle mod weapons (without redoing everything) would be to spawn "static hands" that were attached to the weapon models at specific locations (like the way the mod "Damnation" handled the different character hands). Then you could use a configuration array (stored in an .ini file) that would include which bone to attach the hand to, what scale, rotation and position offset to use, and the name/class of the weapon. When a custom weapon was selected the "Hands Actor" could search the configuration array for a matching class/weapon name and then spawn and attach the hand(s) model.
      I'm not totally sure, but I think UC2 handled its varying race/character based hands this way. I think I remember seeing that in some UC2.ini type config files. I just figured it was something worth noting.

Comment

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
        @GreatEmerald: If I recall correctly, I think I uploaded the new version to Git. But you need to see the one I created (when I made the mistake and uploaded it again instead of uploading to yours).
        I don't quite follow.

Comment

Working...
        X