Greed & Titan Gamemodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greed & Titan Gamemodes

Can Greed & Titan gamemodes be made for 2004?

The Greed gamemode can use CTF or bombing run maps, and Titan can be a mutator?

hmm for the greed idk but for titan there is titan rpg here is the link

http://titanrpg.pdinklag.de/

hf

Comment

That's not exactly the same Titan gametype .

Greed for UT2004 already exists:
      http://mysterial.linuxgangster.org/Greed/

Comment

What about Titan and Betrayal... I think Titan would be easy to make - It would be a heavily changed Mutant gamemode

Comment

I don't think UT2004 needs the Titan mutator. It is often considered as a gamebreaker and funbreaker (and I think that too) and some people at the UT3 section of the forums say it's one of the reasons why the game dies*. It's also a motivation for campers because they just try to get kills (doesn't matter how) and once they're a Titan they are just mighty and need just a little bit skill to frag like a "pro" player would (and spawnkilling is also a result of it).

*EDIT: That's what I mean.

Comment

How about Betrayal? That was sorta fun

Comment

Heh, Greed started out as a mod for UT2004.

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
              and some people at the UT3 section of the forums say it's one of the reasons why the game dies*.
              Which is complete BS. It's a mutator. It's optional. Don't want it, don't play on servers that run it, or simply don't vote for it! Those who are complaining about it are probably the same people that can't stand more original maps because they are not 100% competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                Heh, Greed started out as a mod for UT2004
                [SMARTASS]You mean UT2003, don't you?[/SMARTASS]

Comment

Originally posted by ut2k4 player View Post
                  How about Betrayal? That was sorta fun
                  I also liked the constant tension.
                  If that does not exist for UT2004 yet, I think it would be not that difficult to make. Probably not a work that can be done in an hour or so but comparably quick.

Comment

2KX I never really looked into it that much myself.

Comment

Ah, please do not turn this awesome game into Unreal Tournament 3, we already have UT3 weapons and soon UT3 vehicles, now UT3 mutators? Also there is UT3 characters and there voices as well, well this was coming sooner or later, now UT2004 will be ruined because it will no longer be different and will be just another UT3

Comment

The UT3 weapons and vehicles are great and fun (aren't they Emerald? ONS-Downtown and the UT3 Scorpion ). Of course those are just mutators. They won't be in the game forever once they are done and you can always turn them off if you don't like them.

But what concerns the Titan mutator I agree. Imo it's no fun and just motivates to camp and spawnkill. It's almost like killstreaks in CoD (kill 10 people without dying and get a kill for free). It breaks the balance.

Comment

OGMirageOG, I'd like to think of it as getting all the good new stuff (SloMo Kills, Voice Packs etc) from UT3 without actually playing that awful game

Sly., out of curiosity... couldn't this spawn-killing be fixed with spawn protection or extending the spawn protection time?

Comment

Not if the Titan mutator will have the same stomp attack as in UT3. This makes spawn protection useless since it also throws you to the ground when you have it (you can't shoot in this time). If it wouldn't ignore it then it would be okay. But I also think that the limit to become a Titan should be definitely raised since it's definitely too low in UT3 (for my tastes). Apart from that if there would ever by a UT2004 Titan mutator it would be up to those who have a server to raise the spawn protection limit when the mutator is in use (or maybe just implement higher spawn protection in the mutator itself?).

Comment

How bout betrayal?

Comment

Working...
                              X