Idea: Spawn limitation/delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea: Spawn limitation/delay

When you are killed in a game of Onslaught and the node you spawned from is not under attack (or currently just not being damaged) you can instantly respawn from that node which works as if you have refilled your health. Attacking a node sometimes gets very annoying this way, especially if you can't fire all the time at the node to prevent players from spawning at it.

Therefore, players and even mod makers have started to think about ways to counter this, such as just pushing the newly spawned players away very far.
    My idea on this is: How about a mutator that introduces spawning limitations/delay? So that a player cannot spawn at the same node for a certain amount of time if he just spawned at it? E.G.: Player 1, who approaches a node kills player 2 who was defending that node for some time. Player 2 respawns but gets killed and now has to wait 15 seconds (I think that is a good value - or not?) until he can respawn at that node OR decide to spawn at a different node and walk or drive/fly back to the other one.

So the timer for respawning at a node starts when spawned. This way, you can instant-respawn if you have been out for a long time already.

Would this be a good idea? Would it be possible to make as a mutator? Or have I been blind and such a thing exists already?

You don't have to worry about instant respawns as long as you fire at the node every so often while you're dealing with the other team. I've never thought of it as a problem, but I don't play much ONS these days either.

Comment

That's basically how Unreal II XMP works, you spawn in periods (although there you can't fire at spawn points). Or the way it is in Assault. I don't think that would be a bad idea. It could even be global like in Assault, that would also encourage people to seek out teleportation devices instead of suiciding.

Comment

Working...
      X