Importing weapon to UT - "problem at ucc make"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing weapon to UT - "problem at ucc make"

-I've built and animated a weapon in 3ds max.
    -I have exported it and than used programs "Bright" (for texture conversion) and "3ds2unr".
    -I've added a new line "EditPackages=Juvan" into UnrealTournament.ini (Juvan is the name of the map, where my gun is)

Now I have to run "ucc make" command.

An error shows:

UC file (of a gun) :
    //================================================== ===========================
    // Viper.
    //================================================== ===========================
    class Viper expands TournamentWeapon;

#exec MESH IMPORT MESH=Viper ANIVFILE=MODELS\Viper_a.3d DATAFILE=MODELS\Viper_d.3d X=0 Y=0 Z=0
    #exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=Viper X=0 Y=0 Z=0

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Viper SEQ=All STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=40
    #exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Viper SEQ=afire STARTFRAME=0 NUMFRAMES=5
    #exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Viper SEQ=down STARTFRAME=5 NUMFRAMES=5
    #exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Viper SEQ=fire STARTFRAME=10 NUMFRAMES=5
    #exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Viper SEQ=select STARTFRAME=15 NUMFRAMES=5
    #exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Viper SEQ=spDn STARTFRAME=20 NUMFRAMES=10
    #exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Viper SEQ=spUp STARTFRAME=30 NUMFRAMES=10

#exec TEXTURE IMPORT NAME=JViper1 FILE=MODELS\ViperMap.PCX GROUP=Skins FLAGS=2 // 07 - Default

#exec MESHMAP NEW MESHMAP=Viper MESH=Viper
    #exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=Viper X=0.1 Y=0.1 Z=0.2

#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=Viper NUM=1 TEXTURE=JViper1

defaultproperties
    {
    DrawType=DT_Mesh
    Mesh=Viper
    }

Any help with that problem would be very apriciated.

hmm, did you actually place the models files (_d.3d, _a.3d) in the folder (your-base-UT-directory) D:\Games\Unreal Tournament\Juvan\Models? Skeletal meshes would probably be the easier way to go if the model could support them....

[EDIT] You *may* need to change the path to that directory. Unreal does not like spaces in the file path names and will regularly fail to import other items

Also, your vertex animated model MUST fit within a box no greater than +128 about each axis (I believe this still applies to UT2k4) otherwise the model vertices will get wrapped around to the other side. I don't think this would cause your particular error though.

Comment

My files:
      ==================================
      D:\Games\Unreal Tournament\Juvan\Models\
      -Viper_a.3d
      -Viper_d.3d
      -viperMap.pcx

D:\Games\Unreal Tournament\Juvan\Classes\
      -Viper.uc
      ==================================

About my animated model, it fits in the box you described.
      I also tried renameing the folder "Unreal Tournament" to "UnrealTournament". Same error.

(if anybody would be willing to take some time, I have no problem uploading my gun)

*for exporting the model from 3ds max, I wrote my own program (in max script) for exporting . I followed the instructions (video tutorial) from 3dbuzz.com. It allowes me to animate as many seperate objects seperetly.
      Is there another way to export?

Comment

I'd be willing to give it a try if you either send me a zip file or upload it to filefront. What format does your script export to, .3ds or _a.3d/_d.3d? ( I assume if its the latter you used the info on this page for the format info).

I don't remember if actorX supports vertex meshes anymore, but here is the link to it.

Comment

Working...
        X