Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror's Edge Style Staticmesh Deco Pack [Pics][unreleased]

1. Name: Mirror's Edge Style Staticmesh Decoration Pack by Meowcat
    2. Version: Not yet released, will post in the Beta section once released!
    3. Compatibility: UT2004

4. Description: This decoration pack will consist of approximately 50+ staticmesh decorations styled after those found in the game Mirror's Edge (ME). They will all have suitable simplified collision models and will be setup to align to the grid (easy to combine and match everything up). The pack will also come with the appropriate custom textures for each model.

5. Comments: I absolutely loved the level style of the Mirror's Edge maps. I decided to make UT2k4 versions of a few of them for use in my mod as multiplayer maps. The beautiful thing about the ME static meshes was how they were all perfectly set up to align to the grid and used powers of two for scaling, allowing the mapper to easily place the decorations. The versions I've made so far are my own recreations based on screenshots and some general measurements from the ME version of UEd. I plan to release the pack (at least the initial version) some time around the first week of 2011. If there are any specific staticmeshes that folks here would like to see, I am willing to entertain requests. Triangle count and texture size are all UT2kx friendly (generally under 800 triangles for even the most complex meshes so far, and I tried to limit the number of textures per model to 1 to limit the number of render passes).

6. Screenshots:
    <-> <-> <->

<-> <-> <->

7. Credits: All textures and static meshes were made by me based on the Mirror's Edge decorations. I hand remade all of them in Milkshape3D, UV mapped in LithUnwrap, and hand painted the textures with JASC PaintshopPro.
    8. Homepage: Not yet posted
    9. Download: Not ready yet

Additional images:

<-> <-> <->

and some of a remake of the Shard Rooftop that I'm working on.
    <-> <-> <->

Comment

Awesome!

You are one of the guys where I am absolutely not sure what surprises you still have up for us, but for now it seems like you have great skills in coding and modeling as well.

Comment

Looks pretty sweet! Do they have collision set up properly for vehicles (simple karma collision OFF)?

Comment

@Crusha: Thanks! have you tried my YARM mod or TD Vehicles?

@jefe: The models should collide properly in that I left simple karma collision on only if they in fact do have a simple collision model (most of them do since I wanted to keep performance as high as possible).

So far I've got the following deco "sets" mostly complete:
          1. catwalk/metal stairs/railings
          2. Pipes (both large and medium). Still need to make the valve model and maybe some lower poly versions of the models (they are currently 12 and 8 sided respectively, I may make some 6 sided ones for real detailed work)
          3. Vehicles (car, van and truck), still need to make the SUV
          4. Electrical Conduits and cable trays
          5. Lights
          6. Large HVAC units
          7. Medium HVAC units
          8. Ductwork
          9. Fencing (with and without barbed wire) I will also try and add some UT3 style sets to this as the textures already support it
          10. Interior Fencing/Gates/Grating

Comment

Looks great!
            Seems like an interesting pack. I hope you'll get it done soon

Comment

Working...
            X