Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search for a modification to vote

Hi,

I am searching for a prohibited modification, the vote in the game. Only when the map is over, should be allowed to vote. In addition, the repetition limit be in place so that you can not always play the same map for Map.
    I run an RPG server and there does not work of the Mutator UT2Vote.
    I hope I can help in this one, because I know there's an operator of some of servers that such a modification also investigated.

I apologize for my bad English, because I can not speak English (German only). I'll translate everything from google.

Greetings
    RavLau

Hi, there are several German speakers on the forum (i'm not one) and a large German site for UT - www.UTzone.de.

I also have a RPG server and I use the mapvote system that comes with UT2004.

Here is a link to a page covering the map vote system:
    http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/MapVote_%28UT2004%29

Here are the important configurations you need:

MidGameVotePercent=100 <-- People will still be able to vote for maps before the level is over (I don't know of a way to completely prevent this) but the map will only change if ALL players vote.

RepeatLimit=70 <--- This means that you must play 70 maps before you can play the same map again. You should set this to an appropriate number for your server. I have around 400 maps for Invasion, and 70 works well for me.

Comment

So I've already checked with Utzon, but also because I could not help. And this is where the admin is also looking for such a mod
      And the "MidGameVotePercent = 100" does not bring much, if only one is constantly Vote on it and all the maps by, until his Favourite where he gets a lot of EXP can vote again.
      The problem is that players take longer to Tues is to get to the server always get a break because of an ever-Vote.

Comment

I suggest that you remove these problem maps from your server. Whenever there are "easy EXP" maps, they are invariably played most frequently.

You can (and should) ban players who exploit your server in unwanted ways. Make it clear that such behavior is against the rules.

I use the Server Menu Mutator to display rules in-game. Druids' Player Agreement is another good mutator, which requires players to agree to your rules before they can play on the server.

Comment

This map is lots of fun, and should really stay on it. It is played less and less UT2004 and now if I banish all that make the vote, is no longer on my server.
          But now back to topic ...
          Can you help me one, and possibly a mutator call/tinkering?

Comment

Hey there, I am from Germany too, so if you want you can PM me and I translate what you want to say into proper english. What google delivers is okay, but sometimes it's difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

[Hallo, ich bin auch aus Deutschland, also wenn du willst kannst du mir eine PM schicken und ich übersetz dann für dich in gutes Englisch. Was google ausspuckt ist okay, aber manchmal ist es schwer zu verstehen was du sagen willst.]

Edit:I got a PM from RavLau and I try to express this as clearly as possible:
            "I am looking for a mutator that can stop players from voting in the middle of the game. I want that one can vote at the end of a map only and there should be some other maps played until you can play that last map again. Generally all should stay the same, except that you can only vote at the end.
            It would be nice if one of you could tell me a mutator that can do that or someone would be so nice and scripts it as I am not the only one who needs such a mutator. The mutator UT2Vote sadly has a lot of problems in our case, therefore we cannot use it or only limited."
            I hope I translated everything correctly and understandable

Comment

This mutator will enable you to enforce "no mid-game voting":
              http://www.proasm.com/ut/ezvote3.html

Ini File
              bGameEndVote=False
              If set to True, then voting will only be allowed at game end.
              The Admin still has voting access though.

Comment

google-english:
                This mutator we have also been tested already, but this mutator does not work with the repeatlimit. So you can vote there ever any map, what we want to prevent.
                We also have this mutator still had a problem, because either the mutator reads all the maps on the folder, or none at all. You can specify there though, that he should use the maplist, unfortunately he does not.
                Thanks for the help, but we do not use this mutator, as the second most important is not mentioned there (the repeatlimit).

German:
                Diesen Mutator haben wir ebenfalls bereits getestet, doch bei diesem Mutator funktioniert das mit dem Repeatlimit nicht. Also man kann dort immer jede Map voten, was wir verhindern wollen.
                Außerdem haben wir bei diesem Mutator noch ein Problem gehabt, denn entweder liest der Mutator alle Maps vom Ordner, oder gar keine. Man kann dort zwar angeben, dass er die Mapliste benutzen soll, das macht er aber leider nicht.
                Danke für die Hilfe, doch diesen Mutator können wir nicht nutzen, weil das zweitwichtigste dort nicht enthalten ist (das Repeatlimit).

Comment

Originally posted by RavLau View Post
                  German:
                  Diesen Mutator haben wir ebenfalls bereits getestet, doch bei diesem Mutator funktioniert das mit dem Repeatlimit nicht. Also man kann dort immer jede Map voten, was wir verhindern wollen.
                  Außerdem haben wir bei diesem Mutator noch ein Problem gehabt, denn entweder liest der Mutator alle Maps vom Ordner, oder gar keine. Man kann dort zwar angeben, dass er die Mapliste benutzen soll, das macht er aber leider nicht.
                  Danke für die Hilfe, doch diesen Mutator können wir nicht nutzen, weil das zweitwichtigste dort nicht enthalten ist (das Repeatlimit).
                  "Proper" English:

"We tested this mutator too, but the repeat limit isn't working. So you can vote for any map, which is what we are trying to prevent.
                  We also had another problem with this mutator, as it either uses all the maps from the directory or none at all. It is possible to tell it to use the maplist, but it won't do so.
                  Thanks for the help, but we cannot use this mutator, because the second most important is not included (the repeat limit)."

Comment

Working...
                  X