Pumpkin/Jackolantern Hat mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pumpkin/Jackolantern Hat mutator

I know I've seen this before, but google is failing me today. Anyone have a link?

Angel Mapper's Halloween masks?:
    http://www.angelmapper.com/gamedev/u...ohalloween.htm

Comment

Haha, yeah thanks. Forgot to look on her site.

Comment

It's about that time.... Anyone interested in some new masks?

I'll need to check with Angel Mapper before I put anything out though.

EDIT: Permission granted.
        I found that mandalorian helmet on google 3d warehouse and recolored it to look like Boba Fett. The happy face I made in a few minutes in sketchup. So... if you can find some good models on Google's 3D warehouse or have a really simple idea I/you can make, I'm happy to hear suggestions. Just FYI though, a lot of the models on 3D warehouse aren't really usable in UT for various reason, but I'll definitely look at anything suggested and try to add it. I'm going to try to release this before the week is out.

Comment

We need rage faces for that. Trollface, me gusta, FFFUUUUU, f**k yeah, cereal guy, neutral guy... lol

Comment

amidoinitrite?

Shroom Hats!

Starman.

Comment

Nice, I made that once too, a trollface mutator!

Comment

haha, starman head rules

edit: Wow. These smileys really are the single worst I have ever seen on any forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemephosis View Post
                  haha, starman head rules

edit: Wow. These smileys really are the single worst I have ever seen on any forum.
                  I think it's pretty awesome. (That's right.)

And for something more traditional, Devil horns.

A bloody knife.

Golden halo.

lulz.

Comment

Wow, these are great! I especially like the trollface.

Hmm, how about a military-like cap? Like the one Malcolm is wearing.
                    Or an arrow that got through the head? An octopus that sucked itself to the head would be funny too.
                    Just throwing in some ideas.

Comment

Or what about a Ripper blade stuck in the head?

Comment

I'll see if i can find some sort of millitary hat or helmet. And this should be easy to do. Ripper blade is a good idea, but getting trying to get the positioning right on an existing static mesh will be extremely tedious, so I really need to make it myself or find something on the 3D warehouse. How about a sawblade? I can make that pretty easily.

Anyway, I put the mutator on my server yesterday, I'll upload it to my filefront and you can consider that the first beta. A couple of the 'masks' are a bit too high poly in my opinion (852 faces on unicorn and 749 on the knife) so I'm going to try to optimize those a bit. Here's one I remade and reduced the polys to 56, and you really wouldn't notice a difference in-game.

Right now I've got 14 (13 if you count the 2 versions of the mandalorian helmet) "masks." in the mutator. I'm going to shoot for 20 at most.

Edit:
                        Here it is.
                        http://www.gamefront.com/files/20844...een2011_V1_zip

And I could use help with something. The mutator supports masks on custom models, but you have to set them up in the ini file and it takes a bit of guesswork and testing to get them right. To help with that I included the test map I've been using along with a bat file that launches the map with the halloween mutator running. I also put instructions into the ini file that explains how to set up things. I put in settings for my droid and cylon packs; what I'd like is if there are any custom models you would like to set up, post the settings here so I can include them in the final release.

Comment

If you need a Ripper blade static mesh, I can give you one. It's the Ripper blade from the Fraghouse Ripper mutator. Fraghouse is down and I can't find a download link for the Ripper anymore. I have it, let me know if you want it.

Comment

As I said I can't use existing static meshes. Well I could, but then I would have to find position, scale and rotation values for all 47 stock character animations through trial and error. That's way too much work.

It's much easier for me to position and scale it in sketchup, then import it.

Comment

Sadly it isn't. The 0,0,0 coordinate is in the middle of the blade.

But may I provide you another idea?
                              How about a missile stuck in their "exhaust"? It's not a hat but at least creative (I hope)

Comment

Working...
                              X