Server Rules Agreement Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Rules Agreement Mod

I'm sorry to say this but, our server is being frequently invaded by players that lack a sense of fair play. We quite often have to kick or ban players that resort to outright rudeness and unfair gameplay. They refuse to listen to the Server Admins requests about our server rules and in general "crash the party". From our experience, most players are decent and honest, but a few just refuse to comply. We do not want to password protect our server and do not like to kick or ban anyone. We want it so that anyone can come and play and have a good time.

THE MOD:
    We have discussed the idea of displaying the Server Rules and having an "Agree" or "Disagree" choice presented to everyone who plays on our servers before they are allowed to join. I know this is not an end all deterrent, but at least the rules would have been presented before any kicks or bans took place. I believe that Anti TCC does this in a way but, we do not run Anti TCC for the sole purpose that we have many players from all over the planet and Anti TCC, in our experience, causes such additional lag that these players gaming experience suffers. Sorry Anti TCC fans. We love Anti TCC and what it is trying to accomplish, but in this case...

The simple specs for this Mod would be:

1. Read from a text file (or imbed) and display the same text with an "Agree or "Disagree" button. A player must "Agree" before being allowed to play. Spectating would be allowed anytime or if "Disagree" was selected. "Disagree" choice players would not have access to in game chat or texting.

2. Create a log of player names and their query choices, plus any other pertinent info such as GUID. If a player has already agreed, the Mod would read this from the log and not ask again. A Server Admin could edit this log, remove a players name, etc., and thus, require them to re-"Agree" in certain circumstances. A player would have to answer the query for each alias they play with.

3. A placeholder image, so that the Server Logo could be displayed also.

I may be totally nuts requesting this Mod. I am sure you will all let me know. Please be gentle.

Monetary compensation can be discussed. (**Admin** Please remove this part if it is contrary.)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and ponder the creation of this Mod.

BoB

Do you know the ServerMenu mutator?

I believe it covers a good part of what you request (at least the rules part):
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=564313

Download link in the first post no longer works but the mirror by Loco does (+ features screenshots):
    http://wickedhq.com/index.php?option...ileinfo&id=176

Even if it does not have all the functions you want, whoever takes your offer might want to use it as a base for his future work.

Comment

The ServerMenuMutator mentioned above is an awesome menuing system. I'm surprised so few netservers use it.

Druid's Player agreement
      http://www.disastrousconsequences.co...list/2247.page
      displays your boilerplate text and presents yes/no buttons.
      It logs playername answered yes, along with the GUID but it does not enforce bans.
      log("PAM: Requesting PlayerAgreement from:" @ pc.getPlayerIDHash() @ pc.PlayerReplicationInfo.GetHumanReadableName());
      the "ClanManager" mutator
      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=24938993
      should cover everything you've described (plus a lot more).

Comment

lilalurl and melissa_jo...don't know how to thank you enough. You've answered our prayers. Please visit our site here: http://www.h-townmadness.com/forum/index.php

You are welcome anytime to visit or play.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by BullyBob View Post

THE MOD:
          We have discussed the idea of displaying the Server Rules and having an "Agree" or "Disagree" choice presented to everyone who plays on our servers before they are allowed to join. I know this is not an end all deterrent, but at least the rules would have been presented before any kicks or bans took place. I believe that Anti TCC does this in a way but, we do not run Anti TCC for the sole purpose that we have many players from all over the planet and Anti TCC, in our experience, causes such additional lag that these players gaming experience suffers. Sorry Anti TCC fans. We love Anti TCC and what it is trying to accomplish, but in this case...

The simple specs for this Mod would be:

1. Read from a text file (or imbed) and display the same text with an "Agree or "Disagree" button. A player must "Agree" before being allowed to play. Spectating would be allowed anytime or if "Disagree" was selected. "Disagree" choice players would not have access to in game chat or texting.

2. Create a log of player names and their query choices, plus any other pertinent info such as GUID. If a player has already agreed, the Mod would read this from the log and not ask again. A Server Admin could edit this log, remove a players name, etc., and thus, require them to re-"Agree" in certain circumstances. A player would have to answer the query for each alias they play with.

3. A placeholder image, so that the Server Logo could be displayed also.

I may be totally nuts requesting this Mod. I am sure you will all let me know. Please be gentle.

Monetary compensation can be discussed. (**Admin** Please remove this part if it is contrary.)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and ponder the creation of this Mod.

BoB
          Someone has already made exactly that mod. It can be configured to be shown to all aliases or just once per guid, either way it saves the players guid. You can also roll out agreement updates by changing the timestamp.

Download it here:

http://disastrousconsequences.com/dc/download.jsp

Edit: Oh nevermind, didn't see melissa post.

Comment

Working...
          X