DM-IceStationZeto (In-Process)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-IceStationZeto (In-Process)

This is the correct section, as once this forum is done, it will have been completed and people will, in addition be able to see how it was constructed before they download it.

so does this ( Ice Station Zeto ) in any way look boring or at all like it even is zeto? it started off that way but this **** became mine.

Which brings me finally to my question. Does anyone think this looks like it will rape your ping? I dont know how im gonna keep the FPS low. Any tricks i dont know of?

Cos' oviously this has an almost overly accessive amount of vertices at any which angle you look. This is because that is what makes it a great map. It relies only on the vertice by countless vertice detail. the structure its self doesnt need anything as far as static meshes or anything. thatd just ruin its beauty.

lol that was my intro speech to it. Did it sound convincing? ^-^

no, but seriously look =p

^^ Pretty cool! Do you have any holes? (I guess yes ) Try it with zone portals. Try zoning the map "logically".

Comment

You don't start threads like this (wip) in the full release area:/

Here is a very nice remake of DM-Zeto][ for UT2004.
      DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ojonh5lpfsuzwcr
      It's very slick and looks very UT2004 style while maintaining the orignal look and feel. At least anyone who stops by the thread can grab a DL

Screenshots in wireframe don't show a whole lot...:/ DM-Pressure

Comment

Will you include the Fraghouse Ripper? (Please do it! Would be awesome!)

Comment

ew!
          cramped, among many things. does not remind me to zeto at all!
          good to know this is what i'm competing with. .

But experienced or mapper with at least a little know how should be able to make out the structure of the map so far by analyzing the subtractions and additions to make out how it will be constructed.
          ..i would find it useful at least.

Comment

The visual style is well executed gameplay=

Comment

Non-wireframed pictures would be better to see what can be done.

I guess the final answer will be a mix of StaticMeshes, semi-solids, ZonePortals and AntiPortals, though.
              You shouldn't use BSP the way you do in this map, it's not what it was made for.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                You shouldn't use BSP the way you do in this map, it's not what it was made for.
                I agree. Sometimes even simple BSPs can have spontaneous problems, like with random faces not showing up, ext. So these more complicated ones might cause a lot of bs... Looks cool though!

Comment

Well, some custom maps I've seen for UT99 had pretty much round BSP (like in DM-Gothic). And they had no low fps or BSP holes because the zoning and use of the brushes was good.

Comment

The round BSP can be very hard to pull of in UT2004. Sometimes it behaves just fine, and sometimes it just goes haywire and you lose the map I was able to pull off a pretty round look with cylinder brushes in DM-Praxis][,and I even have a roundish hall, but when I use 2d editor or what have you for round brushes, more often that not it produces bad results. Usually rearing their ugly head upon optimization attempts. (dang zone portals) If you have it working cool with all that roundness that'd be really cool. If you have'nt started optimixing yet, you may want to start and see where it takes you.

Comment

OH DUDE ITS NO WHERE NEAR DONE!
                      its i would say.. 2% complete
                      I'm taking my sweet *** time with this one. !
                      quote me!
                      greatest map I will have made EVER of 18!

Comment

funny u should say that cos' u have no idea what i been through trying to get this map to even work.
                        UGH!
                        happens with every map i make now..
                        like its to the point where i might even quit mapping..

anyway.. as u can see, very complicated brushes but I ASSURE YOU they are aligned and done correctly. lol...

Comment

That's awesome!
                          I believe in you.

Comment

I still think you should convert some parts of the maps architecture to static meshes especially the complex brushes. These complex and round brushes can attract BSP goblins

Comment

oh yes.
                              they lurk in the shadows!
                              will try
                              it'd be a first for me
                              but if all goes well w/ that, i wouldnt be able to thank you enough for the suggestion.. cos' production is going SO - - - SLOW
                              i have about 3 or 4 very decent maps started cos of it
                              i've just stopped and started another

Comment

Working...
                              X