No announcement yet.

Titan - Mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see the mutator. Regardless of it's so called "negative" gameplay effects. I never play UT3 and never will, but I do play UT2004 and would love to play something a little different from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      People complaining that Titan killed UT3 are irrational. Titan is a mutator. Mutators are completely optional. Don't want it? Don't vote for it. End of discussion.
      Not end of discussion...I didnt mean that the titan mutator killed UT3. UT3 was buggy as hell at release and pretty much everyone I had played 2k4 with were unhappy with the changes in UT3. When the Titan Pack was announced there was a shimmer of hope that there would be great fixes/changes comparable to what happened with UT2k3/UT2k4. The Titan Pack was released and after seeing its contents most people quit UT3 just as fast as they did the first time.

So, when I say the Titan killed UT3, I mean that the uninspired content of the Titan pack put the nail in the coffin for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
        Not end of discussion...I didnt mean that the titan mutator killed UT3. UT3 was buggy as hell at release and pretty much everyone I had played 2k4 with were unhappy with the changes in UT3. When the Titan Pack was announced there was a shimmer of hope that there would be great fixes/changes comparable to what happened with UT2k3/UT2k4. The Titan Pack was released and after seeing its contents most people quit UT3 just as fast as they did the first time.

So, when I say the Titan killed UT3, I mean that the uninspired content of the Titan pack put the nail in the coffin for UT3.
        The demo was the nail in the coffin. (OMFG I and I bought this rig for UT3....hurry cancel the pre-order!) The gameplay was just as horrible back then as it is now.

Comment

well at least we can use the rigs we built for UT3 for other games New Transformers is kinda fun..

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
            But this is not the topic of this discussion now is it?

Comment

Barionyx, no, UT2003 mods are not compatible with UT2004. Maps are, but mods need a recompile at best. UnrealScript has changed some during the UT2003 to UT2004 transition (after all, the former uses UE2 and the latter uses UE2.5).
              Well, then why do mutators such as "drop everything" and "drops lifetime modifier", which I found on a 2k3 site work for me? Or is it because those are just so simple?

Anyway, I think the Titan mut would be a good idea but it should be modified (so e.g. no Titan points if someone else "titaned" like Crusha said), making them appear far less often.

Comment

That could always be a mutator option.

Comment

DO IT!

/end thread/

Comment

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
                    DO IT!

/end thread/
                    why do you allways write /end thread/?

Ho, and I said i wouldn't do it, so...

Comment

Barionyx, no, UT2003 mods are not compatible with UT2004. Maps are, but mods need a recompile at best. UnrealScript has changed some during the UT2003 to UT2004 transition (after all, the former uses UE2 and the latter uses UE2.5).
                      There is a mod made for UT2003, which also works in UT2004. I saw some servers use it, and it works fine (ServerAdsSE).

Comment

That's because those mutators are not relying on the obsolete UT2003 functions. But there are many, so most mods won't work.

Comment

Working...
                        X