Titan - Mutator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titan - Mutator

I was playing UT3, using the Titan mutator, and I reallized it was a very good mutator. SO i thought why not make an Ut2004 version of it, it would be answeme So here I am posting this idea, ho and by the way , I am not asking to anyone to make this, I am just saying it would be answome

Ho, and I can't make this, because I don't have enough skills, and I don't have time right now, so here is a message:

MAKE IT!!! just kidding

So, I have chared my adea, so I am going back to UT3(award hunter :eek))

Well I think it would be possible as there is the Pint-sized combo in UT2004. Should be (relatively) easy but I can't make it either

Comment

ye, the paint-sized combo would help, but when you transform in UT3 you are able to smash your enemies

Comment

I have almost no knowledge about coding but logically I would suggest something like this:
        If Titan is activated, then remove all weapons that the player had and give him 2 new ones (rocketlauncher, shockrifle) and a crushing function (would need a new animation?) together with endless berserk and U-damage until the player dies. If he dies, make a redeemer explosion on the spot where he died.

Comment

What does the Titan mutator do?

Comment

No, the crushing doesn't needs new animations, but when transformed, we can make a shock wave, with the E key, this would require a new animation. The titan wouldn't be able to pickup things, and would have ammo regenration, if he wasn't firing, this means that if he is firing the shock rifle, he will not receive ammo for the rocket launcher and also not for the shock rifle. The udamage and berserk that the Titan would have need to be new ones, to be endless.

Troy. you can ceck it out here.

Comment

I believe that titans are actually Vehicles. I'm not entirely certain, though, but that would be the logical approach. Just spawn a vehicle and make the owner control it, with altered exit functions (it could be rerouted to smashing and such - E is used for entering and for smashing in UT3, too).

Also, trivia: before Titan mod went public, the code name of Titans were Heroes. And UT3 Black was called UT3 Gold.

Comment

PLEASE DO NOT BRING A TITAN MUT TO 2k4! It could be decent as an additional vehicle, sort of a mech suit type of thing but not as a reward for kills as it is in UT3.

The Titan pack killed any form of a "comeback" for UT3. Many people would have probably given UT3 a second chance had the titan pack not been a giant ****.

Dont reward bad ideas by copying them.....

Comment

Yeah, Titan doesn't work out in it's current way in UT3. The match gets annoying if almost every player transforms into an imbalanced collossus after half of the match (that is guaranteed because you get additional Titan-points if someone else transformes into a Titan - you need 20 points for a transformation.. with 32 players in ONS.. guess..).

Just no fun, especially if the Titan is a 100%-camping thing because it tries to stay alive until it becomes a Behemoth. And in that time is it camping the Nodes (while it can't take them) and spamming all entries to it because it regenerates ammo and kills with just one hit of it's insta-lock rockets or it's more-frequent-than-hellbender-skymines shock cores…

And if you want mech-suits, then why not port the Cygen-Mutator from UT2k3 to 2k4?

EDIT: Oh, wait... it's been done already: http://ut2004.levels4you.com/downloa...8&orderby=name

Comment

Well, I think almost nothing needs to be "ported" from Ut2003 to Ut2004 as most stuff (skins, muts) works in UT2004 aswell. And yes, the mechs are ok, but I do not like how they look. That organic-theme is not to my taste but that is my personal opinion. I like the mech that was made for the Marswars mod. (too bad that you cannot use it outside of it )
                    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    I believe that titans are actually Vehicles. I'm not entirely certain, though, but that would be the logical approach. Just spawn a vehicle and make the owner control it, with altered exit functions (it could be rerouted to smashing and such - E is used for entering and for smashing in UT3, too).
                    Hmm, I think I saw a Titan getting ragdolled and he looked just like when you alter the player size in ut2004 and get ragdolled (limbs are bigger but the ragdoll is not bigger)

Comment

People complaining that Titan killed UT3 are irrational. Titan is a mutator. Mutators are completely optional. Don't want it? Don't vote for it. End of discussion. Besides, mods for UT2004 at this time is mostly aimed at single player anyway.

Barionyx, no, UT2003 mods are not compatible with UT2004. Maps are, but mods need a recompile at best. UnrealScript has changed some during the UT2003 to UT2004 transition (after all, the former uses UE2 and the latter uses UE2.5).

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                        Besides, mods for UT2004 at this time is mostly aimed at single player anyway.
                        Still plenty of people playing TAM/Freon, ONS, and Invasion. The core gametypes like CTF and DM are pretty dead I'll grant you that...also a lot of private servers out there that we have no idea what's going on inside those servers

Comment

well, I play DM, ONS not so much, VCTF ye off course, that thing is answome, CTf, not so much

Comment

As I have seen this video, it's just a huge kind of 'robot'-kind of thing, which can do special attacks.

About vehicles, there's already made a huge robot which is included in the AirPower mutator:

[Screenshot]http://www.cd-clan.eu/excalibur.bmp[/screenshot]

Comment

Originally posted by Troy. View Post
                              As I have seen this video, it's just a huge kind of 'robot'-kind of thing, which can do special attacks.

About vehicles, there's already made a huge robot which is included in the AirPower mutator:

[Screenshot]http://www.cd-clan.eu/excalibur.bmp[/screenshot]
                              kind of reminds me of shogo mobile armor division. really good game for it's time

Comment

Working...
                              X