No announcement yet.

CTF-High?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I display the polycount I have on the screen in-game? Is there a command so that I can see it?

Comment

'stat render' (without quotes) should give you the information about how many static mesh, bsp, animated mesh triangles are being rendered (along with Mask tests and rendering times for each type of geometry).

Comment

Thanks Would you like to test this map later when I've got everything in place? I want it to work on all computers out there (new ones and old ones) with a nice performance

Comment

Hm... I need to change a few things. When you're on the blue side of the crane and you take a look at the red side you'll see 1200 triangles. Maybe I should try to convert bigger parts of the crane to one static mesh (like the part big part which connects both sides).
          But I don't know if it wouldn't be worse then. Every cross of my crane is a single static mesh and I could imagine that that's the cause (well, they're all duplicates of one cross static mesh).
          What does the community think? Shall I convert some parts of the crane to a bigger static mesh?
          I'm a bit confused atm ... Don't know if that will increase the fps a lot.

Comment

Any progress in this map? i have the hope you istill working in this awesome map

Comment

Right now I stopped it (don't worry, I'll continue work on it) because I help FewPosts with the textures for his mutator.
              Would be great if anybody could help me with these darn cargo boxes when I start working on it again. The lighting looks awful on it.
              Good to see that you guys are still interested in it

Comment

I'd really like his map in UTk4. Any recent work on it?

Comment

Still shelved, other priorities, right now my defect graphics card
                  (Although I should really go back and start to continue my work on it, don't want that you have to wait for it for years...)

At least I know that people are still interested in it.

Comment

i remember having this map in my old ut2004 server back in 2005 looks like this right

Comment

Hu? There was a remake already? Or was it just a port?
                      However, even if there was one I'd still work on this one.

Comment

dont know if it was a port or remake but i do remember it was a fun map on my server
                        you should remake it give it your touch

Comment

If there is one already made I'de like to find it. This was one of my favorite maps back in the day and there are almost no UT2004 maps like it.

Comment

The problem was that I couldn't find one half a year back either, this map seems very rare, hence why I started to do this remake.

Comment

Are there texture/static mesh packages available for this theme?
                              I've always wanted to make a map similar to this one.

Comment

I am making a texture package and static mesh package that will be called "classicCityTex" and "classicCityMeshes" at the same time I'm creating this map and Crane and it will be released with this map and Crane and it will also include everything that has been used in both maps (from the cranes to the boxes) so that mappers can use them to create their own classic UT-style city maps

Comment

Working...
                                X