Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improvements for Ragdoll Madness Mutator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats right, take your time. Just give us some information on your progress from time to time so we know you did not forget it

Comment

That's exactly the same I do with my maps Give some information from time to time about my progress (take a look at what I've written in my DM-Crane thread lol) and later I publish a new version which contains more changes than I've ever listed
      I always try to make it perfect (although it isn't, because all maps I've shown to you are still betas. lol )

EDIT: BTW who voted with 5* on my CTF-High thread? Thank you, unknown person! Glad to see that some people like my work

Comment

@Kognefaure:
        Well, I've thought about that and a few members of our community also did it but I always forgot to ask:
        Could you make ragdolls which can be gibbed by falling, shooting at them, explosions etc.??
        Like in UT99 a bit A separate mutator would be great, called "Ragdoll: Gibbing Festival" for example
        And something I want (maybe some others too): When someone shot your head off with a Sniper Rifle or a Ripper (I mean the Fraghouse Ripper in my remakes) can the camera be from inside of your head (like in UT99)? For example (that would be good for Emeralds UT3 mutator): you explode you see everything from inside your head. That was the best experience in UT! Too bad it's not included in 2k4 Always miss it when I play 2004...

Comment

It was I who voted 5 stars in CTF-High(first map I played in UT99)

This ragdoll Madness seeems an extremlly cool thing(it is like an Engine upgrade) if the community could improve Ut2k4's Engine, the game would be even better(it would be like game upgrading/actualization/improvemens)

Comment

Thank you for voting Well, the beta 2 was released yesterday.
            Take a look at it
            I had a lot of fun with it and bugs like "I can see through the floor sometimes in 1st person ragdoll mode" are not as annoying as I thought. If it is possible to add a cylinder collision to the camera or the head, perhaps this wouldn't happen then. It might look a bit odd but it's worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
              @Kognefaure:
              Well, I've thought about that and a few members of our community also did it but I always forgot to ask:
              Could you make ragdolls which can be gibbed by falling, shooting at them, explosions etc.??
              Like in UT99 a bit A separate mutator would be great, called "Ragdoll: Gibbing Festival" for example
              And something I want (maybe some others too): When someone shot your head off with a Sniper Rifle or a Ripper (I mean the Fraghouse Ripper in my remakes) can the camera be from inside of your head (like in UT99)? For example (that would be good for Emeralds UT3 mutator): you explode you see everything from inside your head. That was the best experience in UT! Too bad it's not included in 2k4 Always miss it when I play 2004...

As said in the release thread, I don't think I will include that... However, I once made a mutator that gave the ability to gib players at any time, i.e even before or after their death. I posted a thread in this forum to see what people thought about it... and it got one answer. I concluded it was worthless

Comment

Originally posted by Kognefaure View Post
                As said in the release thread, I don't think I will include that... However, I once made a mutator that gave the ability to gib players at any time, i.e even before or after their death. I posted a thread in this forum to see what people thought about it... and it got one answer. I concluded it was worthless
                This.

*add random more information so that this post has the minimum character count that is needed to post*

The German voice of Sam Fisher is Martin Keßler, who is also the voice of Nicolas Cage and Bruce Willis.

A PowerCore has 4500 HP, a PowerNode 2000 HP.

In the beginning, there was the deathmatch and they saw, that it was good.
                And so they created even more gametypes:
                They said: "Let there be teams", and there was TDM.
                They said: "Let there be flags and a ball to fight for", and there were CTF and BR.
                And then they said: "Let us make a gametype in our image, after our likeness, because it shall be "Epic", so it may combine all the good things of all the other gametypes and with space for all players on earth.”
                They created the Onslaught, requiering the skills of themselves to be won.
                They blessed the servers and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply! Convert all to the new gametype!

Then the worm did spake to the Mark Rein and said:
                "Perfection is not enough."
                "You need more revenue. Go forth and take fruit from the tree of suckiness"
                And Mark did, and took the fruit to Epic and said:
                "Eat this" and Epic did, and their eyes were opened to WAR
                And days did pass and in two weeks™ Epic saw that it was good....enough...
                Then UT3 demo was released and wailing
                and gnashing of teeth could be heard throughout the community thereafter

Comment

Nice idea for a mutator but it's not exactly what I would like to see (though it would be a lot of fun)
                  I would like to see ragdolls you can gib and first person death (but only when you got gibbed or your head has been cut off) That are the things I really miss in UT2004

Comment

I installed this mod because of the first person death view option but it doesn't work, I installed the mod, everything went to its respective place and I binded a key to the feign death mode. What did I miss?

Comment

You have to go to the mutator screen and open the Ragdoll Madness properties ("configure mutator" at the bottom of the screen). There you should tick the "1st person view" box or however it was called. There was an option like that, I think you'll find it very easily

PS: Did you install the beta 2?

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I did download the second beta and first person view was already ticked upon as default.
                        I still wonder why it doesn't work.
                        Is there something I need to adjust in a configuration file in my system map?

Comment

Are you using any other mutators with it? If a mutator was written incorrectly (did not obey the rules about passing info to the next mutator or gamerule in the linked lists) it could break compatibility.

Also, anyone know if Kognefaure is still working on this? The solution to the "players can fire in online mode while ragdolling" should be as simple as forcibly settings bFire and bAltFire to 0 each 'tick' when the player is ragdolling, as long as the 'tick' is made simulated and exists in an actor on the owning client (UT3 had a handy pawn var that did this for you, and UT simply overrode the Fire and AltFire functions in a the FeigningDeath state).

[EDIT] Setting bNoWeaponFiring to true in the owners pawn while feigning death should do the trick.

Comment

I cannot thank you enough, I did not think of that as a solution!
                            Indeed I had many mutators active in the game and I got rid of a few and now it works!
                            Thanks again :P

Comment

I didn't see him on the forums for a while :/ Too bad. I wanted to have an online version of Ragdoll Madness with bot compatibility and I wanted to use it for my SP campaign

Comment

Working...
                              X