Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for recolouring of monsters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [CD]Troy View Post
    OK, the reskinning is something for Sly because he joined the project some days ago. If you wish to join aswell crusha, then your welcome! Ty for the tips.
    Thx, but I am stuffed with work and too lazy to finish even that.

Comment

Crusha? Could you post some pics of the flamingo please?
      Would like to know how it would look like.

Comment

Don't have one, as I actually never played the mod myself.

But I know that there are some. Just download it.

Comment

I hope it is not that big, cuz I have not even 1GB of space free on my hard disk partition D (where UT2004 is).
          However, I had a nice idea today: How about lights which change the colors the whole time attached to the monster?
          When it walks downstairs for example, you can see it coming because of this blinking colorful (changing) lights! And this monster needs A LOT HP! You should be afraid of it. LOL
          And I also thought about the damage amount of the flamingo projectiles and I have no idea whether it should be not that big or extremly big...

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
            Thx, but I am stuffed with work and too lazy to finish even that.
            No problem Crusha.

Hmm.. Good idea about attatching a negative light to a projectile! Gonna take a while before I get some stuff, but it's really gonna get made!

Comment

Okay Crusha. I hope you will like that style:
              http://asset.soup.io/asset/0530/1984_f508.gif I won't post this pic here. It could be a danger to some people...
              That's the way it should look like (Or rather the way I want it to be )
              It should look like this face but only the skin should look like that right?

Comment

Okay.. I have a weird idea for the melee damage type for Crusha's monster.
                I hope you like it:

When the monster hits you, you fall to the ground and get an epileptic seizure. What could be useful would be the Ragdoll: Madness mutator as a base so that you can let the player fall to the cround and then give him every second a shock (the same one as the LG gives to the dead ragdolls) but without the shock skin.

If you like this idea, I will ask Kognefaure for some help after he has finished his mutator with online support. Or it could be solved in another way: You get damage by a direct hit and when you're dead you get these twitches (non stop of course).

What do you prefer? A normal melee damage would be just boring. That's the best thing which comes to my mind (because of the monster's rainbowy blinking look)

EDIT: Looks like this monster will be a real fun-monster.

Comment

Wow, Good idea man, but don't know if I'm that good in coding.

Comment

Just finished the texture of the rainbowy blinking monster. My eyes hurt O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                      I want a rainbow coloured blinking monster that shoots flamingos!
                      Yay. Got that almost fully optimized! First version of this monsterpack is possibly going to come in the next 3 weeks.

Had some other projects going distracting me from this, but I am working ~2 hours per day on it working on it again.

Comment

Hmm, why don't you texture your own projectiles instead of reskinning them, it's quite simple and easy really.

Comment

Working...
                        X