Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for recolouring of monsters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any suggestions for recolouring of monsters?

Hi

I am working on a MonsterPack for my clan with my clan-member and I wondered if any of you had good suggestions to recolour an existing monster and let it shoot with different projectiles.

We would really appreciate good ideas!

Thanks.

I want an afro monster and a Hulk Hogan monster and a lawyer monster and a rainbow coloured blinking monster that shoots flamingos!

the last one is serious

Comment

Hehe, Actually I meant recolouring/reskinning and changing projectiles, not making new ones

Comment

A rainbow coloured blinking monster sounds like skinning to me.

Flamingos shouldn't be an impossible thing, just take them from Clone Bandits.

Comment

When I would copy it from Clone Bandits I would havet to make new animations for them, thats the point why I am not making new monsters. Oh I wish I could make animations! Rainbow blinking monster, hm.. IS possible but I think I would haveto add a Skin with a shader, but where would I get a shader like that, I dont even know how to make animating pictures for UED, I only know that with a gif image.. IF there was a rainbow shader I would surely make it.

Do you have easier suggestions?

Comment

Aww come on, please explain me to make such a rainbow shader!! I have to know how to make animated textures..

Comment

You could do it in another way then you don't need any shader How about a material sequence? You could let it fade in and out and you could adjust the time it needs to do this.
              Man... this monster really won't be good for epileptics! xD Don't forget to add a warning to your readme
              If you have further questions how to do this ask me
              But if you really want to make a shader, make a cubemap which is one big rainbow.
              Then open the shader properties and add the cubemap under specular and your monster texture under diffuse. That should be all. You can add detail textures as well.

Comment

Ohh, im so confused.. Could you make a rainbow one for me? I can give you the skin if you want.

Comment

OK. Why not. I just stopped the work on my maps for an unknown period of time because I've no inspiration . I've nothing to do now. Just send me a download link for your textures.

Comment

Sent you a PM.

Comment

OK. I made the cubemap for Crusha's monster idea (took me 2 minutes for selecting colours, blur filter and saving )
                      That's it:

Now I only need your monster texture and don't forget to tell me which name the texture pack should have

Comment

Ah! Got an idea: What I would like to have is a stealth Skaarj monster with a black tech suit and the possibility to make himself invisible. That would be something I would like to have. That's something I need in my campaign
                        But I think you have do some coding work for this and custom animations for pushing a button or something like that. If anybody would like do this for me I would be very thankful. If anybody is interested I'll post a demo version of my campaign in a few months. Am a bit inspired by this monster ideas now.

Comment

Oh, we forgot one thing: what monster must be rainbowy?

Comment

Hmmmmmm... Crusha?

Comment

Hm, I am currently working on a black-white titan, but I don't know with what kind of projectiles it should throw/shoot.. Please give me some ideas!

Comment

Working...
                              X