How about an AS-Map in Overlord style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about an AS-Map in Overlord style?

I thought about making a futuristic DDay map with similar theme to AS-Overlord. I would make it as an Assault map because I think there are not enough "real" Assault maps out there. Most of the things I can find are race maps, trials, etc.

I would do it this way:
    • Defenders: You start at the coast on cliffs, where you have to defend your cannons against the incoming waves of Attackers. 5 to 6 cannons would be probably enough I think) There you will have minigun turrets, an Avril, a Granade Launcher, a Sniper Rifle, a Minigun, a hidden Target Painter and of course bunkers to hide and shoot.
    • Attackers: You start on a ship which attacks the coast (it would shoot). On this ship you can pick up the Avril, the Minigun, the Granade Launcher and the Sniper Rifle. (I would use the ship from CTF-December as the starting ship) There you would find a dropship where you can go in (that one from the intro. I would like to use it as a vehicle, which can fire it's rockets -yes the dropship has rockets, take a look at it- and transport people from place to place). This dropship will land on the coast. It shouldn't fly on the cliffs. Then you would enter a bunker, or climb up the cliffs and destroy all the equipment in the enemy base and finally you would destroy the cannons (on the cliffs not in the cliff like in Overlord), so that your dropships can land on the cliffs.

My problem: I need a dropship vehicle and a dropship vehicle factory for that and an idea how to make the bots transport each other so that they can exit it on the coast. (There is a blue line in the side and front view in the editor which prevents a raptor and a cicada from flying higher than the line is. I will use it of course so that they can't land onto the cliffs)

Do you like my idea?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS: Do you have the things I've mentioned above? If yes, please give me a download link in this thread: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...8#post27277588
    I made it especially for that. Found what I need, thanks.

Has nobody an idea? Does even anybody want a map in that style? If not Assault, what then? I think AS would be the best way to make such a war themed map. I got a request about a month ago to make a CTF map in Overlord style but I'm not sure, if I should do this. Does anybody prefer this?

Comment

THere is already a UT2004 AS-Overlord map.
      http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...004_MSUF;31465

Comment

I don't want to make Overlord once again, I want to make a futuristic map with such a theme

Comment

Working...
        X