Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT matches... with tourists!!!

Yeah, title sounds crazy right?

The idea just crossed me after playing a PS2 game called "Under the skin"...

Imagine playing a level with this mutator on. But when you begin the game, the arena is filled with tourists and regular people!

Ofcourse, they could look goofy and cartoony for the sake of the humour, and would come in many different flavours: Elivs impersonators, cheerleaders, businessmen, policemen/women, clowns, cowboys, cosplayers(?), Gorge fans, and so on...

Now then, they don't bother you, they just walk around, doing whatever they feel like, talking to people, looking at their watch, stuff like that...

But... it'll be alot harder to find your opponent right? Perhaps you find one, and shot him/her, BUT you accidently hits one of the civilians!!!

He/she won't bleed, he/she won't die, just fall over, but when they get up, they will know YOU shot them! They will yell out at you stuff like:

"Hey you!" "I'll get you!" "You wo'nt get away!" "Stop right there!"

Stuff like that. And they'll chase you down, if they get close to you, they'll try to punch you... hard (50 damage). A cautious player will play discret and try to lure an opponent out in the open, but a gunnut would probably end up shooting down TONS of people, and ending up getting chasen by the lot!

Of course, if another player accidently hits someone chasing another guy, they'll hunt him/her instead!

-------

Then I had a second idea, a gametype based on these people. Only that to gain points, you must attack them! Everytime you hit them, they'll lose coins for you to pick up! But getting hit will make you lose coins! And they'll still chase you if you attack them. :S

Attacking another player will drain his health. But killing him will make him lose TONS of coins!

The winner is the one with the most coins when the time is over...

-------

So, what do you think of the idea? This could work in UT3 too I suppose, but my computer can't handle it very well. >_>

Sounds great but reminds me of Saints Row 2 or GTA.

Comment

Look at the UT2003 intro movie under community. Some assets there for maps like this.

Comment

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
        Look at the UT2003 intro movie under community. Some assets there for maps like this.
        True true, I was talking about it with a friend of mine, and he was afraid that so many characters on the level would slow down the computer. So the cartoony idea is just for practical use. Low poly in this case...

Comment

That idea of having civilians in UT matches could be both hilarious and annoying. Somewhat reminds me in Postal 2, except gunshots and weapon sights get everyone to scream. Wait, bloody police spotted me, must take action!!

Comment

Might not be a bad idea, but I like the concept of Nali Slaughter more

Comment

If that happens, then we would have a bunch of Nalis in my way again! Oh well...nothing wrong with a bloody massacre. :P

Comment

Working...
              X