Stargate Drone Platform Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Drone Platform Mod

While driving a Leviathan around, it occured to me how much the missiles look like drones from Stargate SG-1/Stargate Atlantis. It would be incredibly cool to have a handful of the shock cannon defense turrets spawn in as drone platforms.

From a technical standpoint, modifying the defense turrets to shoot leviathan missiles should not be too difficult.

In a perfect world, there would be a mutator to replace some configurable percentage of turrets to spawn in as drone platforms, complete with their own mesh and texture. Scripting the drones to be fired as a stream, split apart into a swarm, home in on their target, and then converge sounds remarkably complicated. As for a firing mechanism, there would need to be some sort of limited, regenerative energy supply, similar to the Paladin's energy shield. Even the logistics of making the player models 'sit' properly in the drone chair seem complicated.

So, how would I go about doing all this? Most importantly, how much of this is possible and practical? I do have some limited experience mapping and using UnrealEd, but I have never done any sort of scripting.

Unfortunately, I can no longer view the VTM's that came with my copy of UT2004 for some strange, otherworldly reason. These would no doubt come in handy for making such a mod. Is there somewhere online that I can view them?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Working...
X