Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
    Thanks great emerald for the info didn't know there is an archive this kind about ut series.

To fewpost, well I dont think an map should be exactly as original, there are many parameter to keep in mind like scale in ut2k4 i think isnt the same as UC2, importing textures ( as I said before is more an hard work to do at) and so on, maybe near to perfection or so for me is not bad how did the author with that map also i think there is out an second version solving some issues i cant recall what were exactly...

Maybe and seeing you have today more experience about mapping and modeling ( congratulations mate not at all get an acceptable skill level for mappin xd) maybe you will gain more time and less work to try to imitate textures ( dunno the modeling area how is it) with photoshop or so. Take your time mate. UT2004 is an game still being played a lot in those days ( and UT too XD i play all series I love all them ), dont force yourself your inspiration and let go bit to bit

I will stay tuned that pack someday! XD
    Hey, Thanx for those words man! That is some great advice and something I needed to hear to be honest. I used a lot of this learn as I said before,and when I 'move on", my approach is going to be completely different.

I am going to take some time off, and then move to the new tech. I am going to consider where I want to focus. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be level design. I might take up kismet or texture painting since I have a lot of Photoshop experince, and it's not nearly as saturated as level design. I'm also considering modeling/rigging/animating or programming, but I seriously doubt that last one.

Thanx man, and.....

END THREAD
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...3#post27470543

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    This should be the full list of maps:
    http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unre..._Conflict#Maps
    nothing is mentioned here about it, but when the final patch was released, all the overdose maps were playable as team/deathmatch as well as overdose

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks great emerald for the info didn't know there is an archive this kind about ut series.

To fewpost, well I dont think an map should be exactly as original, there are many parameter to keep in mind like scale in ut2k4 i think isnt the same as UC2, importing textures ( as I said before is more an hard work to do at) and so on, maybe near to perfection or so for me is not bad how did the author with that map also i think there is out an second version solving some issues i cant recall what were exactly...

Maybe and seeing you have today more experience about mapping and modeling ( congratulations mate not at all get an acceptable skill level for mappin xd) maybe you will gain more time and less work to try to imitate textures ( dunno the modeling area how is it) with photoshop or so. Take your time mate. UT2004 is an game still being played a lot in those days ( and UT too XD i play all series I love all them ), dont force yourself your inspiration and let go bit to bit

I will stay tuned that pack someday! XD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
    There could be a pack with UC1 maps and another with UC2 maps, that would be better, for example, if I only wnated UC2 maps, why download UC1 to?
    I created them all, and will release them as I choose
    I saw your process creation, isn't better for making map remake, instead triyng to rip all content textures and so on, try directly by using photoshop to imitate all textures? I think is less harder than doing all that insane work
    You are pretty right on. It takes forever to do. Some maps you can get away with that, like Azure. Some not at all, like Praxis. When I started this stuff about 5 years back, I was flirting with the idea of going into the industry. Doing thse maps was just as much about improving and expanding my skills in multile applications. Before I started I was a noob mapper at best. Now I can model, animate, LD, and much more, and with multiple applications. Just a hobby now, that has began to blur between "jobly" and "fun". It's just an old game now, and time forme to move on from UT. I dont even play video games anymore at all. So wtf am I doing doing mods? lololol

Azure was a pretty well done remake, but for me it was far from exact, and it lacks visual appeal that i could easily have. The terrain is fugly, and the main hall is not ceneterd. I would'nt call it nooby, but I would call it "intermediate". I'm not much better myself tho...just a little

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This should be the full list of maps:
    http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unre..._Conflict#Maps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I cant remember very well how many maps in amount listed in UC2, I wish someday get kinda all maps from that version i visited the uc2 website and i would swear if i recall correctly in UC2 had more maps that isnt listed in that website. All great maps there is an map called dm-azure_v2 too an great and very well done remake, made by an author which name i cant recall fine. XD

I saw your process creation by all teammate, isn't better for making map remake, instead triyng to rip all content textures and so on, try directly by using photoshop to imitate all textures? I think is less harder than doing all that insane work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There could be a pack with UC1 maps and another with UC2 maps, that would be better, for example, if I only wnated UC2 maps, why download UC1 to?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey fewpots im tracking since some long time your great work! I have 2 question:

1) You are making with others guys an mappack for UC1 and UC2, how many maps did you planned to port to UT2004? Can you give an list of maps that you plan to include in, please if you are so kind?

2) the mutators from UC1 and uc2 will be released together in the future final pack?

Anyway im thinking to include this great work in an huge A.I.O im preparing for this game for an far and future pack for free compilation with all the best of the best for ut2004, warn me if get final state mate! Keep up that hard work XD
    No problem bud

1. The "UC MapPack" is all maps I remade for UT2004 from the UC games, with the exception of Compressed2, and LavaGiant. The maps that will be coming out for the UC pack are both UC1 and UC2 maps.
    They are:
    • DM-Aqua_Mortis (UC1) (full remake)
    • DM-Compressed2 (UC1)
    • DM-Gael (UC1)
    • CTF-Lava_Giant2 (UC1)
    • DM-Praxis (UC2)
    • DM-Deadbolt (UC2)
    • DM-Evil Hands (UC2)
    • DM-Morbias (UC2...style)

I may have forgoten one and have a few tha are incomplete.

2. I have no idea. They need to be created first, and I'm not one to put the cart before the horse if you will The UC2 weapons mod is a big unknown at this point. That may change in the future, but the best answer I can give you is "that is up in the air".

Thanx for the entusiasim!! I sincerely hope you enjoy this stuff. It's for the UC fans more than anyone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey fewpots im tracking since some long time your great work! I have 2 question:

1) You are making with others guys an mappack for UC1 and UC2, how many maps did you planned to port to UT2004? Can you give an list of maps that you plan to include in, please if you are so kind?

2) the mutators from UC1 and uc2 will be released together in the future final pack?

Anyway im thinking to include this great work in an huge A.I.O im preparing for this game for an far and future pack for free compilation with all the best of the best for ut2004, warn me if get final state mate! Keep up that hard work XD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TY
    People like you is why guys like me do this stuff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!!! Keep up the work man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cr4zyw3ld3r View Post
    you got it! great work on the game so far by the way. Just ona side not though do you know where I can get the models from UC2 that have been ported to 2k4??
    Right here:
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=701414

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you got it! great work on the game so far by the way. Just ona side not though do you know where I can get the models from UC2 that have been ported to 2k4??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cr4zyw3ld3r View Post
    I am new here, but I have the game as well as ftp access to my xbox's HDD. I could rip the iso to my pc's HD and help give you guys more models if needed or help with models if needed. Just let me know what I can do.
    I may be in touch in the future, but as far s we can tell, everything that is extractable, has been extracted.

If you can find a package called Weapons.UKX or UCWeapons.ukx in UC1, then grab that. Other than that, I don't know what else is acutally useable of that stuff that we don't already have.

Offer greatly appreciated, and I'll contact you if we do need anything else
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you need any help?

I am new here, but I have the game as well as ftp access to my xbox's HDD. I could rip the iso to my pc's HD and help give you guys more models if needed or help with models if needed. Just let me know what I can do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X