No announcement yet.

Unreal Championship Bonus pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it's fixed for sure, no more invisible hole in the wall that can kill someone. Heres the video of the improvement:

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
      Yeah it's fixed for sure, no more invisible hole in the wall that can kill someone. Heres the video of the improvement:
      Wow thanx for that video and the testing Huge help!!

Comment

No problem. If you noticed in the two videos, I was using Mr. Pants' Excessive Overkill weapons. One of my favorites.

Comment

Got your emails, sent you something new to play with

Comment

Did a bit more testing and changed a few of the variables on the posted classes. Skaarj were going down too fast, the two bots weren't jumping high enough... Changes are denoted by the --x format.

Also toying with the idea of, as an option for offline play, having "boss" specific classes that could give famous or otherwise squad-leader bots like Malcolm, Xan, Abbadon, etc. extra and/or enhanced abilities to further differentiate them on the battlefield. SSP is kind enough to allow easy integration, and variant classes are typically easy to produce as long as they don't require custom sound packs and the like.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Maybe the "cyber skarjj" can be more tanky (Skrillax), and the regulars like Garrgod could be a bit lighter, but still a "heavy".

On those extra guys that's like totally up to you

Comment

One good way of testing if the settings are balanced is to do it the CTF-EternalCave way - start a match without a frag limit or time limit with bots that have the same stats and in the console write slomo 5, then wait for like 10 minutes and check the score. If someone stands out, then they need to be tweaked.

Comment

Was thinking that and making a Hellions Merc variant that's lighter ad faster, since they're wearing scrap metal and cloth instead of the typical Merc class armor.

Is it possible to make classes able to affect pickups? Would be great if I could get the Nahkti/Egyptians to get more adren per pickup (and/or reward) or have Juggernauts get more ammo per pickup, bots more shields...

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  One good way of testing if the settings are balanced is to do it the CTF-EternalCave way - start a match without a frag limit or time limit with bots that have the same stats and in the console write slomo 5, then wait for like 10 minutes and check the score. If someone stands out, then they need to be tweaked.
                  I'll check that out.

EDIT: Something I'm concerned about with this method, however, are balancing elements that the bots don't necessarily know how to take advantage of. For instance, the arial combat and adrenaline boosts for the Nahkti, who feel powerful to me but are consistantly coming in last in tests.

Comment

just wanted to say, I was an old school uc player and I've been waiting for a uc1 mod forever. great work to all of you, I'm checkin out everything I've come across. I'm not so savvy on editing and coding, but if you would like a beta tester or anything, I'll help however i can ;]

edit: forgot to mention my 2 cents; in uc1, the characters all have weapon affinities; they start off in game with customized stock uc weapons, with mods on the weapons that either make the guns have extra ammo(A), have a faster firing rate(F) or have a damage multiplier(D). for instance, playing as sapphire would have you start off with the stock starting weapons, (sg,tl,ar) and a rocket launcher which started off with i think 24 shots and could go up to 96. you would think the amount is doubled, but if you play as the one character that starts off with the shield gun, she has something like 300 ammo for the alt fire to feed off of, which replaces the sg in the stock weapons.

i say this because if we can find out the values for the weapons, i imagine this would be an easy mutator to put together, not as a "by character" thing, unless you all want to, but say you activate the mutator and before the match starts you can pick out a modified weapon to start off with in a menu, and since certain race/weapon combos aren't available in uc (probably because they would be way overpowering, like a genmokai with a mod lg), there can be an option, tweakable within a gui, that doesn't allow certain races to start off with those certain modded guns. all the characters within a race in uc1 have the same physical stats, just different weap. affinities, so disabling certain ones by race would simplify it from the whole "this character must have this" thing. unless that would be simpler, idk, i don't know code I'm just kinda assuming.

it can either be done by making a weapon pack of every modified stock gun, one with extra ammo, extra dammage etc; or by creating certain values in the code of the stock weapons, so they would still be the stock weapons with altered properties. hardest thing would probably be making a gui, and keeping the modified weapons from being seperate from the stock; meaning if you start off with a modded link gun, and you walk over a non-modded link gun, you'll only take its ammo and not have two different link guns in your arsenal.

if the uc models can be extracted, I also like the idea of making those modified weapons those models, and keeping the rest the normal ut2k4 models. just an idea.

hope thats proper english enough for all of ya ;]

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBarrage99 View Post
                      it can either be done by making a weapon pack of every modified stock gun, one with extra ammo, extra dammage etc; or by creating certain values in the code of the stock weapons, so they would still be the stock weapons with altered properties. hardest thing would probably be making a gui, and keeping the modified weapons from being seperate from the stock; meaning if you start off with a modded link gun, and you walk over a non-modded link gun, you'll only take its ammo and not have two different link guns in your arsenal.
                      Mutators can alter properties of weapons directly, as long as it doesn't need any actual code changes (and usually it doesn't, except for hackishly made classes like ONSAVRiL).
                      And yeap, you're right about that. Making the config command line/INI would be a lot easier, actually. But not confusing different weapons is easy, since they don't exist in the first place, only their statistics change depending on the player species.
                      Also, we need exact numbers...

Comment

it'll take a long while, but I can go through every weapon type in the game and write down all the info for their weapon affinities, at least for ammo and damage by using split screen and seeing how much health a shot takes off per weapon. fire rate would require actually looking at the code or getting a stop watch, and that just sounds ridiculous to me.

something tells me that they're all going to have the same multipliers with the shield gun being the exception

Comment

it'll take a long while, but I can go through every weapon type in the game and write down all the info for their weapon affinities, at least for ammo and damage by using split screen and seeing how much health a shot takes off per weapon. fire rate would require actually looking at the code or getting a stop watch, and that just sounds ridiculous to me.

something tells me that they're all going to have the same multipliers with the shield gun being the exception
                          That would be a HUGE help.

Comment

alright, I did an experiment with the fire rate affinity in UC1. i hypothesized that by using split screen, having one character with a weapon with the firerate affinity and one with a standard version of the weapon, by pulling both triggers at the same time, i could look for patterns in the way they worked. the pattern i found was that after a few unsynchronous shots from both weapons at full ammo, eventually they would synch up, every four to every 5 matched up so it worked like this:

lightning gun:
                            Code:
                                 |c0  c1  c2  c3  c4  c5  c6|  patternformed:
                             norm|30  25  21  17  13  09  05|  x-4
                             (F) |30  24  19  14  09  04  -1|  x-5     

4/5=.80
                            1-.80=.20; id est, 20% of 1

therefore, there is a difference in firing rate 
                            of 20% increase with the modded lightning gun
                            I repeated the process with the shock rifle and got the same result; every five and four shots matched up, and I imagine its the same with every weapon. this was time consuming.

so I do solemnly believe, the fire rate weapon affinity is indeed a 20% increase

love, Darky<3

edit: forgot to mention, still working on mathematically getting the other weapon data this way. got most of the non-modified weapons info, lots of it is really different and at times random. like i can tell that the amounts of damage some of the weapons do is an imperfect number, like the minigun's alt fire is completely random, spitting out damage amounts between 7-8.5 hp per shot. direct hits with the assault rifle grenade take off between 53-55 hp, rocket launcher does 66.6-68...

its a pain in the ***, but I'll try to get it done soon.

other things worth mentioning

i came to note that when the UC characters are idle, each race does a different little movement, like i found that male anubans randomly sit down

I also noticed through the split screen experience I'm having, when you kill an enemy in a team game, they seem to spawn farthest away from you. I don't know if this is a normal thing in UT2k4, but i thought it was worth pointing out if you want this to be as close as it gets

another thing worth pointing out is that when you die, instead of having the close camera, you have a far off camera just staring at you bouncing around your dead spots. might be something interesting to implement.

wish i had a damned strategy guide for uc1, this would be much easier

Comment

edit: forgot to mention, still working on mathematically getting the other weapon data this way. got most of the non-modified weapons info, lots of it is really different and at times random. like i can tell that the amounts of damage some of the weapons do is an imperfect number, like the minigun's alt fire is completely random, spitting out damage amounts between 7-8.5 hp per shot. direct hits with the assault rifle grenade take off between 53-55 hp, rocket launcher does 66.6-68...

its a pain in the ***, but I'll try to get it done soon.

other things worth mentioning

i came to note that when the UC characters are idle, each race does a different little movement, like i found that male anubans randomly sit down

I also noticed through the split screen experience I'm having, when you kill an enemy in a team game, they seem to spawn farthest away from you. I don't know if this is a normal thing in UT2k4, but i thought it was worth pointing out if you want this to be as close as it gets

another thing worth pointing out is that when you die, instead of having the close camera, you have a far off camera just staring at you bouncing around your dead spots. might be something interesting to implement.
                              That is correct, the Minigun doesn't have a damage variable, instead it has DamageMax and DamageMin variables that are different, so you will always get a random result. Splash projectiles don't give the right number because you can not get a direct hit in any way, sine it would be counted as a direct hit only if you actually hit the pivot, and the collision radius stops you from achieving that.

The idle animations are "Team Animation" from the taunt anim menu in UT2004. Thank for pointing out that they're idle anims

About spawning, that's odd, what happens if you play with a bot, then?

That would be hard to implement, not sure how they manage to keep track of all the giblets...

Comment

and I have finished:

Code:
                                  UNMODIFIED DEFAULT WEAPON VALUES

WEAPON|AMMO|MAXAMMO|Damage (prim/alt)
                                   shieldgun|100 | 100   | 25, 100 fully charged
                                assaultrifle|80+4| 160+8 | 5 / 53-55
                                    biorifle| 20 | 50    | 33/33, 172 charged
                                  shockrifle| 20 | 50    | 30/33directhit
                                     Linkgun| 40 | 120   | 23/9
                                     minigun|100 | 250   | 4(definite)/8.3(average)
                                  flakcannon| 15 | 50    | 10 per flak piece(8flak pieces)/90(average)
                                      rocket| 12 | 48    | 66.6-68
                                   lightning| 12 | 30    | 60, 120headshot

MODIFIED WEAPONS; AMMUNITION AFFINITY

WEAPON|SPAWNAMMO|MAXAMMO
                                   shieldgun|  300    | 300    
                                assaultrifle|  240+12 | 480+24  
                                    biorifle|  N/A    | N/A     
                                  shockrifle|   40    | 100     
                                     Linkgun|   80    | 240    
                                     minigun|  250    | 500    
                                  flakcannon|   30    | 100    
                                      rocket|   24    |  96     
                                   lightning|   24    |  60    

MODIFIED WEAPONS; DAMAGE AFFINITY

WEAPON|Damage (prim/alt)
                                   shieldgun| N/A
                                assaultrifle| 10 / 108-110
                                    biorifle| 37/37, 180 charged
                                  shockrifle|  36/40directhit
                                     Linkgun|  28/11
                                     minigun| 5(definite)/9.9(average)
                                  flakcannon|  12 per flak piece(9, NINE, but NOT 8 flak pieces)/109(average)
                                      rocket|  81-82
                                   lightning|  72, 144headshot
                                voila, if theres anything else I can do, just holler.

Assault Rifle clips give you +40 AR bullets and a full clip of grenades

Lightning Gun ammo packs give you +6 shots, rocket packs give you 12. seems like everything else is the same numberwise.

remember to note, flak cannon (D) shoots out 9 pieces of flak out, making them do 12 damage each. standard flak only shoots out 8 with 10 dammage per chunk.

another thing worth noting, juggernauts have almost no air control.

anyways, on with the race card!...

Code:
                                      WEAPON|mercs|nightmare|Gen Mo'kai|Automaton|Anubans|juggersssss
                                   shieldgun|  -  |    -    |    A     |    -    |   -   |  - 
                                assaultrifle|  F  |    A    |    D     |    D    |   F   |  - 
                                    biorifle|  F  |    -    |    F     |    -    |   -   |  D
                                  shockrifle|  D  |    F    |    F     |   D,A   |   F   |  D
                                     Linkgun| Ax2 |    D    |    D     |    A    |  F,D  |  -
                                     minigun|  D  |    A    |    F     |    D    |   A   |  A
                                  flakcannon|  -  |    A    |    D     |    -    |   -   | D,F
                                      rocket|  A  |    F    |    F     |   D,F   |   F   |  A
                                   lightning|  A  |    -    |    -     |    F    |  Ax2  | F,D
                                A = ammo affinity
                                D = damage affinity
                                F = fire rate affinity
                                - = means that no character in the belonged race spawns in the game with this weapon
                                x2 = means there are two characters in the race that have the same weapon and affinity
                                A,D etc= means two characters in a race share the same weapon with different affinities

basically, this list is meant to show which characters of each race get which weapons without naming the characters, for the sake of not having to put a value to every model within the game since each character shares the same physical characteristics within it's shared race in the Unreal Championship universe.

if whoever makes the weapon mod wants to make it like old uc, this basically shows which weapons to not allow and which affinitys to allow and not allow to the different races. if you choose to do it this way, I suggest making the restrictions an option

I personally would prefer no restrictions, but I would also prefer it being an option. its there for the hardcore oldskool uc fans to ponder about

If your wondering how it would work for bots, make them randomly chosen for each bot, and make them keep their modded weapon for the rest of the match.

Comment

Working...
                                X