No announcement yet.

Unreal Championship Bonus pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think Species stats plus is probably a go, but one critical thing needs to happen with that. As long as the Automatons (robots) jump FARRRR as ****, but REALLY straight like in UC1, I think were golden as long as everyting else is pretty close They were BY FAR the most popular race, and we MUST have that. NOt gonna lie...I WANT IT TOO, but I know the UC folks...we all loved that.

Juggs should have over 125 (I think) health
    Gen Mo's should have 75 (they're fast)
    Automatons should have 110 health
    Nightmares- 75 health

If we can just adjust it to fit the UC thing, but balance it a bit more than it was in the original game, and it will ROCK!!!

Comment

I was playing around with the health vs. damage taken features. Ie: Skaarj had more health than Juggernauts, but Juggernauts have a much higher damage resist.

I also toyed with the idea of making the female robot classes lighter, faster, weaker and slightly more maneuverable versions of the larger robots, which were largely tank classes with incredible verticals. They also recieved a damage boost (lighter females got more of a damage boost, glass-cannon style) due to supposed nano-tech bots upgrading and enhancing the weapons... Health regen would also help them in a role as snipers and defenders, and would set them apart from the less agile Juggernauts who rely even more on sheer durability.

Comment

Care to type of some values on that stuff Shadow? That would be a tremedous help to Emerald I'm sure.

Comment

Well I've messed with Lava Giant a bigt. I have it looking a little better. Kinda used some sky stuff from Magma and added to the exsisting sky and it looks good. I swapped a few terrain textures and it's looking a little less boring.

This BSP error you guys are talking bout....waht exactly do you mean?

Comment

Go to the middle, near the lava, but don't touch it. You'll die anyway.

Comment

I make no promise that these are actually balanced...

Code:
              Liandri Angel:
              AC: 90
              Ground Speed: 110
              Swim Speed: 110
              Jump Height: 140   --150
              Accel Rate: 130
              Walk %: 100   --85
              Crouch %: 100   --75
              Dodge Dist: 85
              Dodge Height: 135   --145

Damage Out: 115   --120
              Damage In: 104   --110
              Helth Max: 100
              Super Max: 200
              Min Adren: 10
              Shields: 75

Command-Ability (if desired): Repair Nanites
              Passive-Ability: Regenerating Health
              Code:
              Bot
              AC: 85
              Ground Speed: 90
              Swim Speed: 100
              Jump Height: 130   --150
              Accel Rate: 110
              Walk %: 80
              Courch %: 70
              Dodge Dist: 80
              Dodge Height: 130   --140

Damage Out: 110
              Damage In: 90
              Heallth Max: 115
              Super Max: 215
              Adren: 0
              Shields: 80
              Command Ability: Nanites
              Passive Ability: Health Regen
              Code:
              Juggernaut

AC: 80
              Ground Speed: 85
              Swim Speed: 80
              Jump Height: 100
              Accel Rate: 70
              Walk %: 100
              Crouch %: 90
              Dodge Dist: 90
              Dodge Height: 90

Damage Out: 100
              Damage In: 70

Health Max 160
              Super Max: 260
              Min Adren: 40
              Shields: 55
              Command: Knockback
              Passive: Dual ARs.
              Code:
              Skaarj

AC: 108
              Ground Speed: 108
              Swim Speed: 116
              Jump Height: 115
              Accel Rate: 125
              Walk %: 95
              Crouch %: 90
              Dodge Dist: 116
              Dodge Height: 90

Damage Out: 100
              Damage In: 115   --104
              Health Max: 180
              Super Max: 280
              Min Adren: 20
              Shields: 0

Command: Melee Strike
              Passive: Bloodlust

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                Go to the middle, near the lava, but don't touch it. You'll die anyway.
                I've been there and died also. I have about 3 LavaGiants in my UT2k4 map folder and all of them are different. The Official CTF-DE-LavaGiant2 from the UT2003 DE Bonus Mack is the best map. The other one called CTF-LavaGiant2 which has a BSP error at the middle hill facing the Red base. I have died there numerous times.

Comment

Yeah found the error and got a video from Unreal4Eva detailing it quite well. should be easily fixable.

I'll do a video soon once I fix the error. I also switched the TAG rigle out for a Deemer, and adjusted the terrain in that area slightly. In the UC version there was a clearer walking path and I mimiced that.

EDIT: Well, Pretty sure I have it fixed. Tested it pretty hardcore with regular weapons and the translocator. It's still kinda easy to end up with a death yielding a "you left a small crater" death message...but this only happens if your trying to scale the wall with the translocator like a maniac, and then run out of ammo basically and fall super fast due to the acceleration involved; and hit the lava volume... and it's just kinda wacky stuff for the engine...lol Anyhow I shot deemers, Ion Painters etc and everything at the spot(s). All over those general areas, just spammed the hell out of it...everything collided properly

I fixed it by hiding the terrain and looking at the brushwork. I saw that some of the brushes had crazy flags on them. Well, some of the surfaces had invisible faces acting as an antiportals. It also had a wacky unlit black texture on it similar to what you would use to optimize in UT3. I changed the texture and de-flagged all the craziness. From my understanding of UE2 and UT2004 in particular and how it works, these flags that WERE in place are unessecarry. They may not have been in older builds of the engive E.G UC1/UT2003. So I have it fixed it looks like

From what I was taught by DG_Unreal, a VERY KNOWLEGABLE mapper and Unreal dude, said that addtive BSP occludes players/terrain and fully hidden meshes basically automatically and therefore, with just a few anti portals in place, there is no need to tag surfaces all crazy except for tagging some unlit that dont need to be. This would apply in the case very heavily I'm pretty sure. Anyhow, it seems to be fixed. Looking good too!!

Map still has major issues in my book, and gonna move forward on that.

Great post Shadow!

Comment

You switched the Ion Painter to a Redeemer? Was that in UC? Since LavaGiant bases have structural openings that are perfect for Ion sniping, much like CTF-Magma.

Comment

Good point......Okay I'll put one back in

Comment

I want to share something with the community, Here is the vid I made on CTF-LavaGiant2 and you can see the so-called error:

Comment

This shot kinda shows the fix.....

Comment

That video reminded me that the ring of fire doesn't move properly . . .

Comment

Well i donated to gildor for animation/static mesh support...so hopefully soon we will have those

Comment

Originally posted by YourPackage View Post
                                Well i donated to gildor for animation/static mesh support...so hopefully soon we will have those
                                Dude, I LOVE YOU

That will SOOOOOOO freakin ROCK.

Okay if that happens.... I pledge my dedication to bringing as many of the UC2 maps over to UT2004 as I possibly can. Having the meshes will REALLY REALLY go a long way.

Best news I've heard since UC2 model pack released

Comment

Working...
                                X