Unreal Championship Bonus pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jefe View Post
    Yeah, I'm cool with doing visual and gameplay tweaks on the maps, so they all have a unified, pro look and feel. Now I should tell you that I've never actually played either UC, so I'll be going with my instincts on these. I can also do graphics and loading screens, etc. Most of you know my work on skins, but it looks like that aspect has been covered.
    Well most of the maps just have one major difference or none at all.

The Curse is like some version already out ther, maybe the 2003 version..I cant remember.

I think I covered the majorly different one's with Gael and Compressed. Vidonia = Oceanic.

Oh the Asbestos is different, but I forget how. Sony-56k-UKPro's version is very similar to it.

Comment

Okay I talked ot a buddy of mine today who is EXTREMELY reliable. An old Choas UT mapper guy He said he'd do a new Sky for CFT-LavaGiant2 and "2k4-ize" the map. since it's a 2003 version it needs all new weapons and stuff, and it looks rather rough.

He's gonna get it right for the bonus pack for us, but he'll remain anonomous for now
      He does some great work with Terragen and gets better and better as time goes on. Also a VERY experinced mapper and really is a collaborator with me on ALL my work

Comment

LavaGiant2 had some BSP problems. From what I've read, it wasn't included in UT2004 because they would take too long to fix, so just keep that in mind.

Comment

I've tried rebuilding it, and it's a common BSP error, I think I can fix it.

Comment

Okay, I think I also know what you guys are talking about. It's a weird one for sure.

If you make the fix, be sure to pass it to me, so that I can pass the updated version to my guy

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
              LavaGiant2 had some BSP problems. From what I've read, it wasn't included in UT2004 because they would take too long to fix, so just keep that in mind.
              I have obtained a version of lavagiant2 for 2k4. I saw the BSP problem too. But one little thing I wanted to point out, some emitters should be added to the lava trees like they were in UC. Because that is the one thing I noticed about the map that there were no little glowing embers coming from the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrashCore124 View Post
                I have obtained a version of lavagiant2 for 2k4. I saw the BSP problem too. But one little thing I wanted to point out, some emitters should be added to the lava trees like they were in UC. Because that is the one thing I noticed about the map that there were no little glowing embers coming from the trees.
                Must be your graphics settings..... cause the emitters are there

Comment

Here is a splash screen I made for the Unreal Championship Bonus pack.
                  I've uploaded the file on Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?yjlr2zgbz44 This is my first splash screen so I hope you all like it.

Comment

UC already has a splash screen:

But this is a BP, it doesn't really need a splash screen, only an installer logo, 343x82 size.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
                      Here is a splash screen I made for the Unreal Championship Bonus pack.
                      I've uploaded the file on Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?yjlr2zgbz44 This is my first splash screen so I hope you all like it.

Looks great

I might have to put that logo in Aqua_Mortis or something.

Comment

Here is the Unreal Championship Announcer:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lzdwlr...CAnnouncer.rar

Comment

Originally posted by YourPackage View Post

Heck yeah, gonna have to go mess with that

Comment

Originally posted by YourPackage View Post

FLAG MONGER..

I love it. I missed hearing AGILITY istead of "speedd" and REGENERTAION instead of "booster".

Great to hear this stuff again.

I was testing a UC2 CTF map I'm about to pass to JeFe and was using this announcer and got FLAG MONGER....hehe NICE!

Comment

Okay so within the next few days or so lets try to compile a list of waht we intend to put into UCBP content-wise and we have something to shoot for. Finally after all these years it's starting to feel close.

3 mutators I can think of:

Link Gun Medic
                              Species Statistics
                              Floaty cadavers (not slow motion corpses-we have that)

Comment

My UT2003 Style mutator for graphics and other things, then all the maps we can gather, announcer packs, loading screens (included a bunch of those in my UT2003 style pack), maybe species statistics... Though Species Stats Plus does a good job of that; the only problem is that by default it's not configured in the UC style.

Comment

Working...
                                X