Unreal Championship Bonus pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Championship Bonus pack

Well I've been seeing alot of "UC related" stuff popping up these days. I have a lot of maps from the two games built and almost ready to go. I know YourPackage has done the phenominal work on UC2 models. We also have access to UC1 and UC2 weapon models.

I was thinking what do you guys think about trying to do a bonus pack together?

A slew of maps, some characters, and some mutators etc?

UC1 BETA MAPS DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php
    DM-UCBP-Gael
    DM-UCBP-Compressed2
    DM-UCBP-Aqua_Mortis][
    DOM-UCBP-Deserted][
    CTF-UCBP-Lava_Giant2
    UC2 MAPS COMING VERY SOON

Maps I have so far:

DM-Gael (UC1 version)
    [SHOT]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6721/gael.jpg[/SHOT]
    DM-Compressed2 (UC1 version)
    [SHOT]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2045/compressed2.jpg[/SHOT]
    DOM-Deserted (UC1 dom ma-%100 thanx to JeFe)
    [SHOT]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8066/deserted.jpg[/SHOT]
    DM-Aqua Mortis
    [SHOT]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7272/aquamortis.jpg[/SHOT]
    DM-Praxis
    [SHOT]http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8813/praxiscentral.jpg[/SHOT]
    DM-Deadbolt
    DM-Evil Hands (100%---unrelased version)
    [SHOT]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2402/evilhandssnow.jpg[/SHOT]
    Jungle:
    [SHOT]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9827/evilhands.jpg[/SHOT]

NOT PICTURED HERE:
    DM-Horizon
    DM-Deadbolt (v3)
    DM-Morbias (UC2 style, but not EXACTLY the same, but close...different the other Morbias maps in UT2004 to date)
    CTF-Lava Giant (really just 2003 DE Bonus map..it's the UC1 map though...all previous glitches and known probs FIXED)

Maybe's:

CTF-Turmoil (60%---JeFe's/Shred collab)
    DM-DaPyramid (original map based on UC1 and 2 sctuff---loosely baed off of OD-Prisim.....very loosely...uses UC2-ish look)

May have forgotten one or two as well. We have serious content, so lets do it!

I can contribute a BUNCH of maps, and meshes and textures and maybe a little more

Share those thoughts.

Unreal Championship2 GDC 2004 showing (watch it):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io7qWX-Zalc

Last night I was chatting with Jefe about some mapping and I got a hold of the map DOM-Deserted-UC3. The map has some serious bsp errors that needed corrected, I'm like 60% finished retouching the map. Another favorite map I like is the one from UC2 called DM-SolarFlare so I'm going to look around for some textures and such for that level.

Comment

Just FYI if anyone wonders what she's talking about, I sent her a private build to check out my progress in relighting the map. The bsp problems were temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
        Last night I was chatting with Jefe about some mapping and I got a hold of the map DOM-Deserted-UC3. The map has some serious bsp errors that needed corrected, I'm like 60% finished retouching the map. Another favorite map I like is the one from UC2 called DM-SolarFlare so I'm going to look around for some textures and such for that level.
        I have the textures (only) to the map.Let me dig those up for you.

No worries JeFe. I reseve the right to change anything though

Look good though for the most part.

Comment

Yeap, I'm all for it. Since my UT2003 mutator pack already emulates some of the UC behaviour, it won't be hard to improve it to UC+UT2003 mutator. And a Bonus Pack sounds awesome Will have to make it into a UMOD, too

Comment

Alrighty, cool deal guys.

So if YourPackage will join in the efforts, I think we really have something. Let me upload those Solar Flare textures for Unrea4eva. CHECK YOUR PM BOX UNREAL4EVA.
            Emerald, e-mail me again bro:

sith_assassin@telux.org

I'll send you all the stuff I have that you might can use (mostly Uc2 weapon models). (****, I'll have to animate them, but we'll get to that a little later)

Comment

I am thinking about donating to Gildor so that we get FULL support for UC and UC2 with umodel which will allow us to use the exact same animations from the original games.

This will also allow for the export of the true 1st person weapon models from UC and just generally make porting much more easier.

Also it will allow me to make all the characters in my UC2 Pack move EXACTLY like they do in the original game...

Comment

Does that mean the UC2004 mod is still alive? I just recently been trying to get in touch with SONY-56K-UK-PRO and ShredPrince about the mod but with no luck.

Comment

No, that means that we can port many things ourself without waiting a few decades for the project to continue.

Comment

No, I am proposing something entirely differnt and possibly something we could see played a good bit on UT2004 servers.

I'm thinking much like the CBP bonus packs. "Bonus pack" should have skins (models), Maps, and Mutators.

Emerald-Mutator man (check)
                    YourPackage-model man (check)
                    FewPosts-Mapper noob person (check)

Other peoples who seem to want to help and have bow staff skillz:

Unreal4Eva (mapper)
                    JeFe (mapper)
                    Anonymous (4now) Chaos UT Mapper (he'll probably help us, just gotta get the 4sure)

YourPackage...that would be totally awesome of you. I'd dontate in a heartbeat if I was'nt a totally broke as **** student. I am actually out of school this quarter, and if I was I coulda used some of my extra book money to donate, but alas, no school, no money...should'nt that work the other way around? Financial aid FTW

I'm taking "UC" as an umbrella term for now. Pretty sure UC weapons and UC2 weapons could be seperate MUTATORS. Am ICorrect Emerald?

So in addition to doing mutators from UC1, and possibly UC2, we'll have some sweet extras Emerald has been working on.

The whole reason this will NOW work is cause we have a lot of the work actually done. Now, when it comes to the relationship to UC2004....I think it'd be great if those guys could supply some code they worked on and totally get credit etc.

I do not want this to turn into some super stressfull venture for anyone, including myself. So lets just take it nice and slow and be methodical about stuff.

I'm gonna pack some stuff up into a zip file for you guys to test as you play with your own testing....maps to test the mutators in and the models in

Anyone can email me at anytime. Lets do this not only for ourselves and our love of UC/UT in general, but also TO ENLIGHTEN THOSE NOT PRIVY TO THIS CONTENT. I want to make someone who's never seen the UC2 shock or the LINK GUN MEDIC mutator be like "woah that's really cool....ohhhh that was from the UC series....nice"

Yeah get Sony up on it too, he does have some good stuff. He's done a lot of work related to this stuff. He can also map, which is good. That means we might can add a few maps to the list

DOH..Just remember I'd have a version of Morbias that is pretty much like the UC2 version, but alittle less crazy. It's also basically complete. One of those JeFe might wanna go in a tweak out

If anyone is planning to start a new map from UC2, I do have the "Praxis" theme and "Axon" theme availible with most of the meshes and stuff. So if you pick one of those styles of maps, you'll have most the meshes and shaders you'd need

Comment

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
                      I'm taking "UC" as an umbrella term for now. Pretty sure UC weapons and UC2 weapons could be seperate MUTATORS. Am ICorrect Emerald?

So in addition to doing mutators from UC1, and possibly UC2, we'll have some sweet extras Emerald has been working on.
                      Yeap, you're right. The UC1 mutator will be merged with my UT2003 mutator pack since they share a lot in common, and UC2 mutator will be standalone.

Also, I have one anonymous contributor on my side that's helping me with porting some things from UC1 right now.

Though I want to release a new UT3 Weapons version before going on this new project, so it may take a while. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

That's cool, I can go about seeing if I can find someone to animate the weapons for us, or do it myself. I have a lot of ground to cover on mappage though.

I'll see waht I can do, I may have a contributor as well willing to help on anything...not sure though.

Comment

Well I remember now that some of the maps in UC1 are different than their UT200x counterparts. I went ahead a did a DM-UCBP-Gael real fast. All I really did was remove the "pit", and placed a fluid surface over the hole, just like in the UC1 version. I made a proper enviroment map for the water (reflection). I also changed the walls, the floors and added a skybox to the level and tagged pre-exitisng "window-ish" areas to show the sky. I used the texture set/theme similar to Compressed/Ironic/Aqua_Mortis on it to give it a cohesive look. Although it's not some super major change to the map overall. I also changed most of the "grate" textures on the meshes that "hang" to give the level a slightly more sci-fi/UC look I also changed the two rocket launcher pickups on the floor to a Flak Cannon and a Shock Rifle, and put ammo next to them of course. The reason I did that, is cause in UC1, you could have fights on Gael with any weapon due to the weapon affinties. I figured the map would still be predominantly Rox and LG considering there are still two pickups for the RL and LG each on the map. Just something to mix it up and mimic the UC1 feel. I also adjusted the cieling blocking volume to allow players to jump up there with possibly a hammer jump, or in anticipation of Emrerald making Automatons jump super high just like UC1 You could probably already get up there with an Anuban.

I also dug up what on PC is released as a bonus map titled DM-Compressed2. It's basically the UC1 version, although it's messed up. The main difference between the UT200x version of Compressed and the UC version, is there are BIG boilers in the main rooms. This "Compressed2" has the boilers, but the collison is screwed. I fixed it though

So I fixed that and renamed it DM-UCBP-Compressed

So that's 2 more maps.

DM-UCBP-Compressed
                          DM-UCBP-Gael

Comment

Yeah, I'm cool with doing visual and gameplay tweaks on the maps, so they all have a unified, pro look and feel. Now I should tell you that I've never actually played either UC, so I'll be going with my instincts on these. I can also do graphics and loading screens, etc. Most of you know my work on skins, but it looks like that aspect has been covered.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                              Now I should tell you that I've never actually played either UC, so I'll be going with my instincts on these.
                              Same here UC1 is closest to UT2003 and UC2 is a mix between UT2004 and UT3, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X