• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Championship Extracted Content

Decided to make a new thread.

Maps/music/weapon scripts/weapon static meshes/weapon textures

Download from my mediafire here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8...4e70960c951cb0

Maps are in .lin format...have not been able to extract.

Wow, did anyone try to recruit you for that UC2004 mod? if not THEY should have.

Comment

Awesome, well at the very least they can be viewed in UTPT and more easily remade.

Thanx for that man, I'm sure this will led to the mutator finally after all these years.

Comment

Yay!!! Finally!!!

EDIT: WTF is a .lin?!! SH&#!

Also, a LOT of the files are corrupt. The errors are from WinRAR.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisl121212 View Post
          Yay!!! Finally!!!

EDIT: WTF is a .lin?!! SH&#!

Also, a LOT of the files are corrupt. The errors are from WinRAR.
          You were right maps and music were corrupted...i reupped them and they appear to be good now.

Comment

Thanks YourPackage.

FewPosts, do you know how to use .lin files?

Comment

Well I had assumed for a time that UTPT could extract the .lin file maybe somehow. YourPackage indicated he cannot get it extracted with UTPT though. I think there is a slim chance it may somehow import into UT2003, but alas, again, I have no copy of that game.

You could try to change the .lin file type to .ut2 by right clicking and renaming the file, and just change the .lin part to .ut2 and press enter.

Then try to open it in the editor. I have been unable to download the files myself to play with them.

If you can somehow get it to the point wher it can be opened in the editor (any UC1 map). Then it can TOTALLY be ported into UT2004.

BTW to answer your other question, .lin files are map files from UC1 basically. In UT2004 and I think even in Ut2003 the file type for maps is .ut2 instead. Look at your C://UT2004/Maps folder and see exactly how the extension looks.

I can't remember, but I think UC2 maps may also be packaged as .lin files, but I cannot remember. That's a whole different ball of wax though, as the assets in UC2 are COMPLETELY different that UT200x and UC1. UC1 and UT200x share a lot of common packages I'm sure. There are even old UC packages still around, that I use to this day. UCGeneric.utx (texture package) is one of my favorite and most verstile packages to use. has some good detial textures and glass stuff to build off and make your own. UC2 though uses it's own set of texture and mesh packages and therefore will probably never be able to be straight up ported into UT2004. The possiblity seems very real when it comes to UC1 though. Might be able to get the actual map ported possibly.

If you are reading this YourPackage, maybe Gildo could figure it out quick as ****? I bet if he had a .lin and a .ut2 of the exact same file, he could probably do it. Like maybe one of the maps that changed the least from UC1 to UT200x....just a thought.

Comment

I tried renaming .lin to .ut2 a while ago. I got an error and then UED just vanished.

Comment

Well last chance is trying in UT2003 then. The crappy part is if the weapons and stuff were stripped out, it'd be more likely to open.

Comment

I don't have UT2003.

Comment

I found this: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...pic=94696&st=0

I don't know if it is of any use, since I have no modding experience.

Comment

To get a better understanding, consider an AutoCAD line style specification in a .LIN file. A .LIN file is what in used in AutoCAD to import a line style definition; these files can also be used in MicroStation by choosing File > Import in the line style editor. There are 2 types of line styles that can be represented in a .LIN file. First are dash-dots, which are roughly equivalent to MicroStation Strokes:

Info here in regards to the *.lin extention
                        Also this was also discussed in a thread here with regards to the PS2 edition and some the maps there too. Hope it help out?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisl121212 View Post
                          I found this: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...pic=94696&st=0

I don't know if it is of any use, since I have no modding experience.

Wel those guys tried importing the lin file into UT2003 without success so that's out.

I'd pass along Jade-Pheonix's post to gildor....

Comment

Hey YourPackage, could you extract the UC announcer?

Comment

From what I can see, there must be a way. They are stored in .xsb and .xwb, joined together by a .xap file. The .xap has offsets and similar things, but I can't seem to find a way to decode and extract those files...

Also, what's your status on the animations? If we have them, I could create a quick weapon look replacement mutator. But we'd still need sounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X