Porting skins from UT3 to UT2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porting skins from UT3 to UT2004

I've searched for the answer here but no effort. Is there a way anyone can create skins from UT3 for use in UT2004? I'd like to see a Jester skin ported to UT2004.

I think part of the problem was just getting the textures out of UT3. The only solutions I heard of were either: taking screenshot/printscreen of the texture from the UT3 editor then editing it in a paint program, or using a program that can pull them from video memory. As for the models, either video memory extractor program or another UEngine export program (I forget the name at the moment) could probably extract the mesh. It might be more straight forward to remake the mesh from scratch though....

Comment

I found one called WOTgrealExporter:
      http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7284
      It might work.

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure it works with UT3, though it did work with UT2k4 for textures (Unreal Development Environment was the official repackaged version of WoTGreal).

Comment

UModel works for Skeletal Meshes.

Comment

Maybe Photoshop or Blender might work also. I've noticed Blender can be used on 3D textures as well.

Comment

UModel can export the textures and models in UT3.

Comment

I need some Jester renders and some textures? I'm trying to make a Jester character for UT99 and UT2004. I already made a Jester voice pack for the character. I'll use UModel for exporting some textures. Another question: Can UPaint work with UT3? I'll keep you posted as I get more info.

Comment

Working...
                X