Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Satore addon monsters ideas pls - Continued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you very much! It is quite strange you should ask about a mod to swap out appropriate monsters as just the other day I was thinking of creating one and how best to go about it! Which monsters do you think would be appropriate to replace the stock ones with?

Comment

• well theres Doom 3 Half-life 2 special skaarj pack and tonys monsters for instance I would kill all pawns in the map and with invasion everywhere 2 had Half-life 2 monsters all over it should be with doom 3 monsters
      fly=lost soul
      manta=forgotten and occasionally the cherub
      lesserbrute=zombies
      brute=fatzombie
      behemoth=sawyer or commando
      skaarjscout=imp
      skaarjwarrior=vulgar sometimes imp
      skaarjassassin=archvile
      skaarjlord=Hellknight
      skaarjberserker=mancubus
      mercenary=wraith
      Mercenaryelite=Maggot
      slith=pinky
      pupae=tick or trite
      warlord=either hunters
      queen=CyberDemon
      Titan=Guardian
      Gasbag=Cacodemon
      GiantGasbag=Maldict
      Skaarjtroopers=revenant,Vagary,Sabaoth,Sawyer Skeleton and Bruiser
      Krall=Imp
      KrallElite=HellKnight

Comment

• monster swap mod?

what Hunterman said would be great, or just to allow plug in any installed monsters, if that was possible

edit: unrelated, but the Mark 1 would make a sweet mech monster....
        http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=950

Comment

• whoops forgot the rtnp
          Predator=lost soul
          Spinner=trite
          marines=imps and hellknights the occasional Bruiser and mancubus

Comment

• whoops forgot the rtnp
            Predator=lost soul
            Spinner=trite
            marines=imps and hellknights the occasional Bruiser and mancubus

Comment

• I think INI would be able to make it choosable for whatever you want, like Wyrm is for weapons.

Comment

• you're right a Monster Swap Mod put in the name of monster pack and it'll randomize for whatever monster depending on its difficulty for example you put in Tonys monsters theres a chance that a Titan will be replace by a grawlix pbj and ghost grawlix titan or if you're using hl2monsterslite3 it would be a probability of a lesserbrute being switch with a combine cp or zombie

Comment

• Hi

I've completed a version 1 of a monster swapper for you guys to try out. I'll place a direct link here until I create its own webpage.

MonsterSwapperv1.zip

The Mark1 model was made into a monster many many years ago and it fired ion cannon effects :P I don't know what happened to the files or if anyone still has them. Possibly Buffy.

Comment

• This is a good mutator and when You get your $40 I'm gonna put half-life 1 & 2 in unreal 1 game

Comment

• re: MArk 1
                      found 1 version of the monster; I think it's supposed to shoot 2k4 weopon fire, but I couldn't get it to work. I use monster manager and it was made for satore; could'nt figure where to put these lines: MonsterConfigs=(monsterClassName="StarWars2Addon.M ark1a",SizeScale=4.000000,HealthScale=7.000000,Spe edScale=2.400000,AccelScale=2.400000,StrScale=7.00 0000,SkillModifier=7.000000,UseProbability=1.00000 0,ScoreValue=25,UseWaveNumMin=1,UseWaveNumMax=14) .............not sure if I did anything else wrong

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...s-to-Invasion?
                      http://www.gamefront.com/files/44362...r_Wars_2_Addon

re: Monster Swap Mut
                      Nice! works great; sort of what monster manager does in invasion but faster / simpler without having to configure all those waves. Copy/paste from Monster Manager works just fine

as to swaping out the monsters in Unreal game port, no dice. Same with OSM adventure. I guess they are hard coded in the maps? might there be a workaround?

edit: possible to swap out multiple monsters for one? ie; swap 50/50 chance of antlion / lost soul for manta?

edit 2:getting some ultimate loop type error replacing skaarj w/ hellknights, crashes UT. Fiends work though, and hellknights work fine w/ invasion everywhere.

Comment

• Giving it a percentage chance to swap shouldnt be a problem, I would just have to extend the config lines to include extra possible monsters. I'll test out the hellknights too and see what the problem could be. The OSM may be hardcoded and there might not be a way around it without changing the osm code.

Comment

• The hellknights replace fine with my game. It is ut2k4 you are playing? I need more info to fix any problems. You can leave more information and chat with me when i'm online here Ini's Monster Chat Room!

Comment

• wait i have soulution you need the u1pawns satoremonsterpack lines i can give it to you
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="RBrute",MonsterClassNam e="U1Pawns.RBrute")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="LesserBrute",MonsterCla ssName="U1Pawns.LesserBrute")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="RBehemoth",MonsterClass Name="U1Pawns.RBehemoth")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SkaarjWarrior",MonsterC lassName="U1Pawns.SkaarjWarrior")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SkaarjScout",MonsterCla ssName="U1Pawns.SkaarjScout")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="RIceSkaarj",MonsterClas sName="U1Pawns.RIceSkaarj")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SkaarjLord",MonsterClas sName="U1Pawns.SkaarjLord")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SkaarjBerserker",Monste rClassName="U1Pawns.SkaarjBerserker")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SkaarjTrooper",MonsterC lassName="U1Pawns.SkaarjTrooper")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SkaarjGunner",MonsterCl assName="U1Pawns.SkaarjGunner")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SkaarjInfantry",Monster ClassName="U1Pawns.SkaarjInfantry")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SkaarjSniper",MonsterCl assName=)
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="RManta",MonsterClassNam e="U1Pawns.RManta")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="CaveManta",MonsterClass Name="U1Pawns.CaveManta")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="GiantManta",MonsterClas sName="U1Pawns.GiantManta")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="RGasbag",MonsterClassNa me="U1Pawns.RGasbag")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="GiantGasbag",MonsterCla ssName="U1Pawns.GiantGasbag")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="RKrall",MonsterClassNam e="U1Pawns.RKrall")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="KrallElite",MonsterClas sName="U1Pawns.KrallElite")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Titan",MonsterClassName ="U1Pawns.Titan")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="StoneTitan",MonsterClas sName="U1Pawns.StoneTitan")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Queen",MonsterClassName ="U1Pawns.Queen")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Slith",MonsterClassName ="U1Pawns.Slith")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="RWarlord",MonsterClassN ame="U1Pawns.RWarlord")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Tentacle",MonsterClassN ame="U1Pawns.Tentacle")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Mercenary",MonsterClass Name="U1Pawns.Mercenary")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="MercenaryElite",Monster ClassName="U1Pawns.MercenaryElite")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Spinner",MonsterClassNa me="U1Pawns.Spinner")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="Predator",MonsterClassN ame="U1Pawns.Predator")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="PackHunter",MonsterClas sName="U1Pawns.PackHunter")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="SpaceMarine",MonsterCla ssName="U1Pawns.SpaceMarine")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="MarineDesert",MonsterCl assName="U1Pawns.MarineDesert")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="MarineJungle",MonsterCl assName="U1Pawns.MarineJungle")
                            MonsterTable=(MonsterName="MarineArctic",MonsterCl assName="U1Pawns.MarineArctic")

Also whenever theres a map with spawnpoint the monster spawn infinitely but i did half-life 2 invasion fun

Comment

• Ini- yes I'm playing 2k4... like 32 gigs worth of 2k4, lol, which may point to prob, too much stuff the mut is probably fine; I'm mostly really happy with how it streamlines invasion setup.
                              Hunterman, cool! , that sounds like it explains some things, have to try now

edit- well, guess osm / unreal 1 are no go without altering the maps / code

here is error code w/ hellknight (tried swapping for krall this time)
                              UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22], OS: Windows NT 6.0 (Build: 6001)
                              CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2101 MHz with 2047MB RAM , Video: ATI Radeon X1250 (517)
                              Hellknight DM-UCBP-Deadbolt][-BetaB.Hellknight30 (Function Engine.Pawn.PreBeginPlay:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
                              History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (Hellknight DM-UCBP-Deadbolt][-BetaB.Hellknight30, Function Engine.Pawn.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (Hellknight) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (Hellknight DM-UCBP-Deadbolt][-BetaB.Hellknight29, Function Engine.Pawn.PreBeginPlay) ......etc
                              -I do have the HK player model installed, with skins from both versions plus two skins from the monster pack, plus the strogg berserker... not sure why any of that would matter, just guessing

mo' edit-focusing on positive, most every other monster I try works. Yeah!
                              ***one feature to add to the mut would be the ability to save various named sets of monsters, a la worm

Comment

• same here but it seems due to an overflow of monsters causing the game to over load and crash for i use the poison zombie it seems that the poison headcrabs crashes it to next wave try lowering the spawn

Comment

Working...
                                X