S3TC texture mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ouch, 1st and 4th were the main parts... However, won't stock package edits cause mismatches? And it's not possible to declare a TexScaler as a Texture, so it won't work at all?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    1. Is it possible to detect what kind of a texture(s) a Static Mesh uses, if there is no Skins(n) parameter given?
    2. Is it possible to detect what kind of textures the user has installed? For example, if there is a Static Mesh that uses Ancient.Base.A_bsa, it could search for AncientS3TC.Base.A_bsa, and if it exists, apply the texture to the mesh?
    3. Is it possible to maintain online compatibility? That is, if a server has this mutator on, it sets S3TC textures on only for those people, who have S3TC textures installed.
    4. Is it possible to detect and replace textures on BSP surfaces?
    5. Is it possible to apply textures to Static Meshes online?
    In short:
    1: No.
    2: Yes.
    3: Yes.
    4: No.
    5: Yes.
    Might be easiest to directly edit the stock packages, however most anti-cheat mods probably wont like it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic S3TC texture mod

S3TC texture mod

I have an idea about a mod that makes all the textures in the game more detailed. It's already possible in UE1, but in UE2 it's not quite possible due to code changes. However, usually everything's possible through code. So here's my idea:
    http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yab...1234456325/0#0

If you're too lazy to look in, here's the proof (look at the thumbnail first, and then at the full image):

As you might have read, there are some coding issues with this plan. I would have put this up in the Coding forum, but I just want to know if it's possible to do it anyway. So:

1. Is it possible to detect what kind of a texture(s) a Static Mesh uses, if there is no Skins(n) parameter given?
    2. Is it possible to detect what kind of textures the user has installed? For example, if there is a Static Mesh that uses Ancient.Base.A_bsa, it could search for AncientS3TC.Base.A_bsa, and if it exists, apply the texture to the mesh?
    3. Is it possible to maintain online compatibility? That is, if a server has this mutator on, it sets S3TC textures on only for those people, who have S3TC textures installed.
    4. Is it possible to detect and replace textures on BSP surfaces?
    5. Is it possible to apply textures to Static Meshes online?
Working...
X