• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I am still wanting to do this. 8D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SolaceEternal View Post
    This is probably going to sound a bit odd, but I'd like for someone who's good at level design, flow, etc to basically make a barebones map - little more than hall and room BSP, in other words - that I can turn around and flesh out the details for.

Basically what I want to do is use my newfound abilities in Blender to create a ton of custom, original content for a level. However, with no map to use them for, it's a little hard to do.

I'm sorta leaning towards a medival theme, but tech, grunge and/or futuristic I could prolly do, too.

'Course, doing a full-blown collaboration wouldn't be so bad either. :3

The map will be treated either way as a collaborative effort, of course; credit will be given where it is due.

I've got a fair number of map layouts laying around or drawn out, although typically they are either rather simplistic maps (for Invasion) or larger Onslaught maps. Shoot me a PM to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, trial maps are sort of maps that you don't fight in, but just try to not get hurt, drop down into lava pits, drown etc. by usually jumping over huge gaps, balancing on very small things etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ...I'm not sure what you mean by a trial map. You mean like a proof-of-concept map? Like that Escher thing a while back?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    actually, that sounds pretty cool. if nobody else is interested, i'll do it. problem is i like trial maps and those are probably not what you want to be working on.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Need map layout

Need map layout

This is probably going to sound a bit odd, but I'd like for someone who's good at level design, flow, etc to basically make a barebones map - little more than hall and room BSP, in other words - that I can turn around and flesh out the details for.

Basically what I want to do is use my newfound abilities in Blender to create a ton of custom, original content for a level. However, with no map to use them for, it's a little hard to do.

I'm sorta leaning towards a medival theme, but tech, grunge and/or futuristic I could prolly do, too.

'Course, doing a full-blown collaboration wouldn't be so bad either. :3

The map will be treated either way as a collaborative effort, of course; credit will be given where it is due.
Working...
X