Idea for new spacefighter vehicles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for new spacefighter vehicles.

I was thinking if it was possible to make a mutator which replaces the default human & skaarj spacefighters in UT2004 (which look rather stupid, imho) with the models that appear in UT99 (in the DM-Hyperblast map of that game).

I guess the main concern here is how to extract those 3D models from the old Hyperblast map, I know I don't know a thing how to do this, but I was hoping someone else would. Still, I have capped some shots, and I can send you the map's files if you are interested.

Hmm, that would be some hard Mesh->Skeletal Mesh conversion, and also the HyperBlast ships have a constant animation (turning to sides) that would need to be rid of...
    And I don't actually see the difference between the old and new ships...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      And I don't actually see the difference between the old and new ships...
      here I have some screenshots (a little problem arose, when I go out of certain map limits with the camera, the screen turns red just as it does when you actually play the map and fall into space)

and here is the skaarj spacefighter (yes, no doubt this should be the skaarj fighter, as it looks more alien-like, as opposed to the previous model which IMHO resembles more a real life human-made jet fighter)

Well, I dunno what do you think, but as for me, they look far more cooler than their UT2004 counterparts, I see they need some re-skinning but their bare models look great, IMO.

Comment

Hm, it would be possible but the 3D Meshes need a TOTAL Makeover for it to be Ut2K4 suitable.

Comment

i like the idea and i love the second model. really like those knife-like thingy's.

Comment

Hmm, try going to AS-Mothership and ToggleBehindView. Try speeding and slowing, you'll see how actually cool it looks, only that we don't normally see it. And the Skaarj spacefighters are absolutely awesome.

Comment

I guess nothing is written on likings. For me, only the Skaarj one looks kind of "ok", but could be improved a lot. The human Eagle just sucks.

Comment

Working...
              X