Airstrike Showcase [Alpha]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airstrike Showcase [Alpha]

NOTE: I will probably not release this unless there's a high demand for it. Just enjoy seeing my low-quality work. I also put this in the Mod Requests forum since it's not an actual release.

Mod Name: AirstrikeMods
    Version: Alpha 1
    Compatibility: ECE Bonus Pack
    Description: Basically, to allow for more powerful airstrikes. The list of them is at the bottom of the page.
    Comments: It was fun to make this.
    Screenshots: None, watch the video instead.
    Credits: Xyx, Rumple for the B2 mesh, me, Epic.
    Homepage: None.
    Download: Look at the note at the top of the post.
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCIwk2trBA

Airstrikes:
    ICBM Strike: Calls in an ICBM, with a large blast radius. Technically, it looks more like a MOAB, but too bad.

Guided Missile Strike: This is where Xyx's work comes in. He allowed me to use the homing missile code from the XS mod. Basically, it goes after enemy players. But without targets, it just drops in a straight line as normal.

Carpet Bombing: Simple enough. B2 bomber drops a long line of cluster bombs. Most effective against stationary targets.

Smoke Missile: Does no damage, but creates a large smoke cloud that hinders enemy eyesight. Does not work on bots, but it looks cool.

MIRV Strike: Probably the most powerful weapon of the group, excluding the tactical nuke. A souped-up version of the Guided Missile Strike. Launches six homing ICBMs. This can take out an entire team.

Tactical Nuke: Boom. It has a blast radius of 35,000 UU...nearly a half mile in real life. Definitely a superweapon.

Cluster Bomb: A small bomb which explodes into 100 smaller rockets. Very inaccurate, but it's good against bases due to the spread of the rockets.

Fuel-Air Bomb: Basically, it bursts into a cloud of highly explosive gas above the impact point. Then the gas is ignited and it explodes, sending out a shockwave. Simple, effective, and awesome.

Bunker Buster: Not entirely working yet- but whatever. It hits the ground and sends up a cloud of dust as it burrows in. Four and a half seconds later, the bomb goes BOOM and sends rock, dust, debris, and other stuff flying everywhere. It's supposed to damage through walls, but I haven't gotten that yet.

Enjoy the show!
    Also, if anyone could create models for the airstrikes, that would be great.

Lol The nuke has bad effects IMO. Should look, well, explosive, now it's only a mushroom. Or the enemies would need to be turned to goo then. MIRV looks good. The Smoke one is worse than Unreal II Smoke grenades You need to make smoke last longer, you wait for the bomber anyway.

Comment

Lol. I'm just beginning with this anyway, so don't expect much.

Comment

Nuke has been improved drastically in my opinion, now it fades between colors, the mushroom cloud glows, the flash is brighter, some dust expands outward, and...stuff.

Now onto the smoke effect.

Comment

Gah! I'm trying to have it paradrop a tank, but it won't drop it. The bomber just flies by doing nothing.

Comment

For a good nuke emitter, try to look at the Unreal4Ever's doll bomb explosion emitter.

Comment

Lol, a paradrop tank!
              You could try something lighter as Scorpions first anyway

Comment

I suppose. But I like the tank idea better. Maybe I could have a "bomb" spawn a tank once it hits the ground.

Also, I need models. It would be best to steal from another game and work it out that way, but that wouldn't be nice. However, due to the fact that one of the ones I'm working on is pretty much stolen from World in Conflict, I need someone to help me with possibly ripping models from it. I'd also need to offset the model so it looks somewhat realistic. A10's don't fire their guns directly downward.

Comment

Well, tanks are made by Vehicle Factories... Though you can get them without one (like summoning), just that you need to attach the parachute somehow?

Comment

Right now, I'm just trying for it without the parachute.

Comment

Well yes, you have to spawn it somehow too :P Just that if it's as high as the Bomber flies, it will probably just explode as it hits the ground due to the velocity.

Comment

Meh, I'm back where I started. Bomber does nothing. I'm about to give up.

Comment

Parachutes are so outdated. Droppods are where it's at!

Comment

Lol. I think I'll need some help with this. It's not dropping anything, and I still need models.

Comment

Announcement: I will be available to work on this mod this Wednesday and this weekend. However, progress has stalled due to problems with the paradrops, loss of ideas, and lack of models for the planes. If anyone can help me with models, message me.

Comment

Working...
                              X