Guided Missile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guided Missile?

A small request I'm asking for. This might be simple, it might not- I don't know. But what I'm asking for is a some type of guided missile which will work with a target painter.

I'm working on a few target painter mods, and one I'm trying for is a Guided Air Support type mod. Basically, once the airstrike is called in, the bomber releases missiles which home in on enemy vehicles. I can get the bomber fine, it's just the missiles which are an obstacle.

In other words, I want a missile that can home in on enemy vehicles, and is compatible with the target painter.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Guess this should go to the Programming forum? You need a scripted bomb. Actually, I can't imagine bombs that heavy homing, but ah well.

Comment

What kind of missile would this be? Levithan missile? Redeemer missile? normal airstrike bomb as missile?

Comment

something along the lines of a tomahawk, perhaps with a variety of payloads...
        sounds promising...emp,deemer,incindiary...

Comment

I'm thinking along the lines of a Maverick/Sidewinder missile, which only targets enemy vehicles. And a deemer explosion would be too powerful- I'm thinking 650 damage, with a smaller explosion effect. I found a good one in Onslaught.ONSVehicleExplosionEffect.

It would also be nice to have someone help me with custom effects, but I think that's asking too much.

Comment

Anyone have any ideas or help?

Comment

If you haven't downloaded the XS Vehicles mod yet, try to do so.

One of the ships there, the Wyvern battleship, spawns 6 missiles that seek out enemies on their own. IMO it seems to be an override of the ONSAnvril Missile.

Try to download it and batchexport it then check the code, it would defenitely help.

Comment

How exactly would I batchexport?

Comment

when you download the file, place the .uc into the system folder of UT2004.

Then open a new command prompt, and from the root directory(C:\ for example) type in "cd ut2004\system".

Then type in "ucc batchexport <classname> Class uc ../<classname>/Classes/", with the classname being the name of the u/uc file.

You have to ask permission from Xyx first before doing so though(he's teh author, or one of the authors).

Comment

It's not like I'm going to release it to anyone, but okay.

Comment

Nah, just for formalities sake actually

Comment

He let me use a bit of his code before for a project...but the project died.

But I'll ask.

Comment

EDIT: Fixed for the moment.

Comment

Working...
                          X