I have models! But am without knowledge of programming them into UT2k4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If all that still doesn't work for ya, Clown... then there's something your computer doesn't like in Ut2K4.

Wish I could help but I have no knowledge about 3D-making, scripting, yadda yadda yadda...

I'm just an Idea-maker and Beta-Tester. *Shot*

... and cannon fodder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    to use ActorX your mesh must be bound to atleast 1 bone for you to be able to export to a skeletalmesh "PSK"

if you are gonna use the defualt animations your gonna need the default utskeleton as the bone names and rotations need to be the same

you can get the maya files here if your using 3ds max you can get the ut2003 character source from fileplanet you can get the skeleton from one of those rigs

postion your mesh to the skeleton dont manipulate the skeleton then smooth bind the skin,now tweak the skin wieghts if necceray then Apply different materials to the relevent parts of your of your mesh to give you the texture slots needed

assuming you have ActorX installed, Select the Root bone of your character and type axmain in the console

set the save path and the mesh name then klik save mesh/repose this should create a psk file

now jumping over to unreal editor open up the animation browser and open up a default player package like thundercrash or somthing now klik file>import psk your mesh should appear in the default pose switch the mesh back to a default player model then goto mesh>copy mesh properties.. switch back to your mesh and paste mesh properties, next klik animation and goto linkup animation and mesh you should now see you character animate :P

switch back to the default meshes unlink the animation from the mesh then delete the mesh from your package when your done save out you animation package in a new name

now you need to import your textures into the texture browser and apply them to your mesh via the animation brower you'll see the mesh tab on the right of the anmation browser the material or skin properties can be found there

to get it to show up as a player character you'll need to write a upl file open an existing upl file they can be found in your ut2004 system folder, copy a player line substituting your mesh head and body skins etc and save, start the game klik settings > player and voila a working player character

to create a moster your gonna have to create a monster pawn either by extending an existing monster from the satore monster pack called the nali fighter which is kinda lame but already uses the defualt ut 2004 animations or you can create your own by extending the skarrjpack.monster class although you need to setup the animation names and the notifies in your animation package as alot of monster functions rely on them being called by the animation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    are you still working on them? because i want to see the diety link one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 1Lt Coagulator View Post
    good idea. do you have maya 7 or 3ds max?
    3DS Max 2008.
    64 bit version.

Active X doesn't like to put my characters into correct PSK files.
    At this point it doesn't matter, my stuff resides in my schools U: drive.
    I have a whole 2 months to sit here and do nothing but think =]
    Anyways as well as this, I am looking for someone to help me make a boss monster mod.
    Making the bosses similar (behavior wise) to those in Zelda having specific weaknesses.
    Any offerings to this project would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good idea. do you have maya 7 or 3ds max?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah, good old Unreal Anthology...FTW

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The point is that it's not on UAnthology (there are only .CABs there).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah he just said he has UT2004, and the thread is about 2k4, so I assume he does not have UT2003

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maya is in UT2003 CDs too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I belive there is a way to export from 3dsMax? as well.

They also have tutorials on the web somewhere how to get a character from 3DS into Unreal. Try google or the wiki.

Also there is a free version of Maya PLE on the DVD versions of UT2004

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Super Dante View Post
    DO you have the UT2004 DVD edition? It has tutorials on the DVD on how to do it.

If not go to www.3dbuzz.com

The sign up, make apost in forums, then go to video training and find Unreal tutorials, and then the modeling tuts.

If you've gotten this far, you really do not need me

Just need to dig a little bit more, your almost there man.

IF you import from maya, might make life much easier
    Yes well this is where my conflict resides, I know nothing about Maya, but am increadibly gifted with 3DS Max. I also don't have it, but I think I can manage to get a crack for it. However these will be the only models I develope for UT2k4, and then I am to move to UT3. Thank you for your help though, it is greatly appreciated =]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DO you have the UT2004 DVD edition? It has tutorials on the DVD on how to do it.

If not go to www.3dbuzz.com

The sign up, make apost in forums, then go to video training and find Unreal tutorials, and then the modeling tuts.

If you've gotten this far, you really do not need me

Just need to dig a little bit more, your almost there man.

IF you import from maya, might make life much easier

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I do not, I use the UT2k4 skeletons on the game, and use them for a biped. The game, however, does not allow me to load them in for some reason.
    All you really do anyways is copy the animations from the character who has the same skeleton you used.
    But I cannot do this easilly for Gir because of his size.
    And my game gives me an error every time I try to put them into the game.
    Their also unplayable for the user, but the computer can use them as bots, and I can't fix this.
    But no I don't have them animated.
    Although Diety Link is already with the PSK.
    I could send you a zip folder of everything.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you have them animated and rigged?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm intrested, and could probably do it fairly fast, but I'd like to see screenshots first

Leave a comment:

Working...
X