Recruiting & Idea Sharing: Thunder Wing Gunship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruiting & Idea Sharing: Thunder Wing Gunship

It is my purpose to here recruit for, design, model, code, texture, and otherwise build the first full function gunship for Unreal Tournament 2004/Unreal Tournament 3, aimed at creating a vehicle equally useful in Onslaught, Vehicle Capture the Flag and in the Vehicle Invasion game types.

To achieve this lofty objective I will need the help of anyone who has any interest in this project. The team will at the minimum need to consist of the fowling:

-Coders
    -Modelers
    -Texture Artists

I myself can provide the design, however the team can make use of the fowling

-Sound Artists
    -Beta Testers
    -Beta Servers

The team can also make use of the help and advice of the fowling

-Veterans of Onslaught online and offline
    -Veterans of Vehicle Invasion online and offline
    -Veterans of Vehicle Capture the Flag online and offline

If any mod team wishes to help, or make suggestions fell free to do so here.
    If you wish to be included in the team, send me a PM or say so here
    Once a team has been established the real work will began.

There are tons of projects trying to get staffed. What makes your project more interesting than the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Watcher View Post
      It is my purpose to here recruit for, design, model, code, texture, and otherwise build the first full function gunship for Unreal Tournament 2004, aimed at creating a vehicle equally useful in Onslaught, Vehicle Capture the Flag and in the Vehicle Invasion game types.

To achieve this lofty objective I will need the help of anyone who has any interest in this project. The team will at the minimum need to consist of the fowling:

-Coders
      -Modelers
      -Texture Artists

I myself can provide the design, however the team can make use of the fowling

-Sound Artists
      -Beta Testers
      -Beta Servers

The team can also make use of the help and advice of the fowling

-Veterans of Onslaught online and offline
      -Veterans of Vehicle Invasion online and offline
      -Veterans of Vehicle Capture the Flag online and offline

If any mod team wishes to help, or make suggestions fell free to do so here.
      If you wish to be included in the team, send me a PM or say so here
      Once a team has been established the real work will began.

Not to burst your bubble or anything But Xyx tried to make something similiar to what your trying to do.And if you did try to attempt this which to me is good luck with this because it seems to me you will run into alot of karma/Player bug issues.Plus this thing will have how many polys?Too many polys can create So much laag to the point were the FPS is so slow.Another thing Who would create a map for this thing.And my last thing to say is Good luck with this.

Comment

@Xyx

I appreciate your concern for the project’s ability to get off the ground. (Bad pun)
        As for what makes my project more appealing then others, there are only two mods (so far as I know) that plan to incorporate a gunship of any kind

-your XS vehicles (stile in alpha)
        -Animation Arsenal (dead)

Unreal has only two aircraft in the default package, and neither is worthy of the name gunship as they could not bring any real force to bear. The XS vehicles pack comes closer to the mark but is limited to vary close range support, dual flamers/tractor beams makes it an “in your face” close combat master however these same properties that make it so deadly also make it next to imposable to support ground based units. Animation Arsenal’s gunship was better at ranged support unfortunately it was limited by having only one side gun living the other side rather defenseless.

Besides I’m not asking people to give up there lives for the next five years in a quest to redefine the way unreal is played, this is a single vehicle project meant to expand on air combat, when it’s finished everyone can return to the real world with something to show for all there hard work. If another vehicle is called for a vote will be taken and the conclusion made known to the community.

@80gone

I thank you for your good wishes, as for bugs what can I say bugs are bugs. They will show up here, there and everywhere so long as you have more code then

Print “Hello World”

A poly count will not be gatherable without a model, keeping polys low will depend largely on the skill of the texture artist. As for a map I must say you have lost me there, why would a gunship need it’s own map? Could you be thanking of a gunboat?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Watcher View Post
          @Xyx

I appreciate your concern for the project’s ability to get off the ground. (Bad pun)
          As for what makes my project more appealing then others, there are only two mods (so far as I know) that plan to incorporate a gunship of any kind

-your XS vehicles (stile in alpha)
          -Animation Arsenal (dead)

Unreal has only two aircraft in the default package, and neither is worthy of the name gunship as they could not bring any real force to bear. The XS vehicles pack comes closer to the mark but is limited to vary close range support, dual flamers/tractor beams makes it an “in your face” close combat master however these same properties that make it so deadly also make it next to imposable to support ground based units. Animation Arsenal’s gunship was better at ranged support unfortunately it was limited by having only one side gun living the other side rather defenseless.

Besides I’m not asking people to give up there lives for the next five years in a quest to redefine the way unreal is played, this is a single vehicle project meant to expand on air combat, when it’s finished everyone can return to the real world with something to show for all there hard work. If another vehicle is called for a vote will be taken and the conclusion made known to the community.

@80gone

I thank you for your good wishes, as for bugs what can I say bugs are bugs. They will show up here, there and everywhere so long as you have more code then

Print “Hello World”

A poly count will not be gatherable without a model, keeping polys low will depend largely on the skill of the texture artist. As for a map I must say you have lost me there, why would a gunship need it’s own map? Could you be thanking of a gunboat?
          I mean dont get me wrong I would really love to have a gunship on my server ship but How long will it take to make?

Comment

I thank were talking a bought two different things. I’m trying to get a team together to build a gunship, the kind that fly’s around and shoots big guns at anything that moves, death from the sky if you follow me. I thank you are looking for a gunboat, the kind that sits in the water and shoots really big guns at anything on the map. If you are looking for a gunboat several have been made with some success.

As for the time requirement, that depends entirely on how recruiting goes, if we maintain this pace it will take no more then….twelve years.(provided I learn how to do it all myself)

Comment

you might as well make it for UT3

Comment

I believe that something made for UT2K4 can with little difficulty be brought to UT3, besides not everyone will run out and buy UT3 the day it comes out, and unless I am much mistaken I will not be the only one playing UT2K4 after November.

Comment

Working...
                X