Flying Scorpion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying Scorpion

I am going to make the Flying Scorpion, but i need help with the knowhow. The alt fire where the things pop up, will be replased with thicker ones, faceing the oppsite direction. They can still be broken off, rendering the Flying Scorpion grounded and the only way to make it fly is if you hold alt button. and fluing will be controled with the mouse, and the wheels will go underneeth the scorp, like the dorlien form Back to the Future, or the Hover option from The Streets of SimCity (good game btw)

by help i mean what progrmas do i need, what files i shoud edit and where they are, and how to make a mut.

you need the following things
    ---a model editor
    (for them custom animations you'r likely to have)
    such as Maya or Blinder or MilkShake...Maya has the highest Learning curve but is really GREAT (MayaPLE is free)
    ---A Text Editor
    such as notepad,context,etc. (i suggest context, it's great[gotta save the new files as .uc which comes with a little addon or such along with the highlighter])
    ---UnrealED
    For working with the Vehicle and tweaking it and all that stuff to make it work
    (comes with UT2k4)
    ---This Site Helps with the .uc's(got tons of stuff)
    Website pretty much all the code in the Game can be found here
    ---Tutorials on coding and such
    UnrealWiki
    ---CommandPrompt
    for Compiling and such (you should have this on you'r computer)
    ---3DBuzz' VTM
    By Far the BEST friend you can have (3Dbuzz.com or UT2k4 Bonus Disk for DVD extra thing)

That is all i can think of at the momment but...
    MayaPLE
    ConText
    UnrealED
    UnrealWIKI
    VTM
    The Glossary
    Lots of Help

Hope this helped

Comment

You will need some kind of graphic application (maya PLE or Blender) to model the wings, photoshop or corel to texture them. And some kind of IDE (WotGreal, UDE) to write the code. And probably some minor help from Xyx, he will tell you how to switch the physics of a vehicle from ground-based to flying. Replacing the blades with wings should be relatively easy, just hide the blades' bones on the scorpion's mesh and attach the wings to these bones. If you're not familiar with coding and don't know what I'm talking about, then you have a long way before you. Or you're screwed

Edit: Ah, Sarge cross-posted me

Comment

Wotgreal is what I use and its way better and easier to use than Context.

Comment

i have blender, but i have no clue on how to use it

Comment

i traided in blender for maya(which i like more now) because i couldn't find any english exporters...i tried to get a blender to ut2k4 but i just couldn't find one if i remember right, anyway Blender Tutorial List

Comment

Sarge do you know how to get meshes and static meshes out of UT and into Maya? I have Maya 5.

Comment

there should be a nice button called export somewhere in the staticmesh browser....all you need now is something to make Maya read it

Comment

how do i import UT2004 files into blender? cuz i need to edit the scorp a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumple View Post
                    how to get meshes and static meshes out of UT and into Maya? I have Maya 5.
                    It depends, if you have Maya 5 PLE, then I doubt it's even possible. Unless you get it to recognize standard formats like .obj or .ase. However if you have the real Maya (complete version) it should load exported static meshes without a problem. The export button is somewhere in UEd's staticmeshes browser.
                    As for the skeletal meshes - there's no export option in UT, as far as I know.

Originally posted by Lord Vipes
                    how do i import UT2004 files into blender? cuz i need to edit the scorp a bit.
                    As said above - no skeletal mesh export in UEd. You could somehow convert it to staticmesh (I think there's an option like that when you right-click the mesh in animation browser) and export it like that (blender should be able to open this file), but before getting it back to UT you would have to do all the rigging from scratch.

Comment

Theres no export button for static meshes in UED.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumple View Post
                        Theres no export button for static meshes in UED.
                        Well I'll be... You're right.

Okay, did a little experiment and here's what you do.

In an empty map select your static mesh and add it at world origin.

Go up to file -> export, select .OBJ file format and that should do it.

Comment

what colors should the flying scorp be? im thinking a nice black and red, or black and yellow

Comment

Well, you'll have to have team colours, so black and yellow might be good for default. Black and red for the red team, black and blue for the blue team.

Comment

ok sounds good, the secondary colors will be plosating and moving, if u ever played VCTF-aK{SAP}DarkAvenger look at the walls, and u'll know what i mean, and how u do that?

Comment

Working...
                              X