Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making-the-Scorpion-useful idea

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    yay for spare time

    Comment


      #32
      looks real pretty, now make it so it gives more then a normal link gun to the speed+power of the projectials being used

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Sarge-David View Post
        looks real pretty, now make it so it gives more then a normal link gun to the speed+power of the projectials being used
        This vehicle does not shoot projectiles. We are working on redesigning the visual effects for the link. There are a lot of things that would make this vehicle far too over powered for the standard assault servers out there, so we are going to keep it basic (relatively speaking). Feel free to modify it after we release it.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by RBThinkTank View Post





          Coming soon.
          <3................so big it sploded.... <#

          Comment


            #35
            i was talking about the player's link stuff btw

            since scorp link gives more power then a player link so the out put be higher
            (which could not be true if overlook in the code)

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Sarge-David View Post
              i was talking about the player's link stuff btw

              since scorp link gives more power then a player link so the out put be higher
              (which could not be true if overlook in the code)

              Unless we replace the link gun with a custom one, the only way to do this would be by tricking the link gun into thinking it has mulitple links or changing the link scale array inside the link gun. We will see. This vehicle is powerful enough. You can drive two scorpions side by side and heal each other at the same time...or have a 4 way heal....Or link them up and have one deal out large amounts of damage. The orginal link gun stops having more power after 5 total links. I am not sure if we will put a cap on links for the scorps or not. We don't want to break anything.

              Comment


                #37
                I thought the maximum links were capped at 3...

                Anyways, can't wait to use this puppy in Vehicle Invasion.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by RBThinkTank View Post
                  Unless we replace the link gun with a custom one, the only way to do this would be by tricking the link gun into thinking it has mulitple links or changing the link scale array inside the link gun. We will see. This vehicle is powerful enough. You can drive two scorpions side by side and heal each other at the same time...or have a 4 way heal....Or link them up and have one deal out large amounts of damage. The orginal link gun stops having more power after 5 total links. I am not sure if we will put a cap on links for the scorps or not. We don't want to break anything.
                  Just thought I'de bring this thread to your attention. I'ts a marvelous idea about making a Power Link. Could work well on this vehicle (and make it more than just a scorpion with link secondary fire).

                  Comment


                    #39
                    And seeing as your screenies do not work for me, I'll post em up for anyone else who cant see them.

                    I'm actually quite surprised it works with bots.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      If they don't work, then how'd ya get them :P. I have my server set to allow image requests from utforums.epicgames.com, so unless you are using a proxy, you should be able to see them...and most normal proxies will work fine as well. Not sure why you can't view them.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        No idea, I do not have a proxy. Does not work on two seperate machines. Maybe it times out. Just a simple right click gave me the URL, and I can load em up by going straight to the URL (then I put it through imageshack).

                        But thats all besides the point! Make the Powerlink!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Beta version is now available. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=575022

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X