Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention.....Working on TDM Total Conversion of Killing Floor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention.....Working on TDM Total Conversion of Killing Floor!

Yes, it's a total Conversion of (...........well sort of anyway) of Killing Floor for Reg. use on UT2004. I actually managed to make the screen look like Killing Floor's when I loaded up onto regular UT2004 but only for a month or so before I found out that I couldn't see any of the Demos or Movies I had.

That unfortunately I don't know how to fix. But what I am trying to do is to fix up some of the maps for KF to be TDM style. So far I have 3 maps- need to fix them before I can release any to you all for beta testing.

The main problems, I'm working on are.....

1. When you spawn, it isn't in the beginning. Need to fix that.
    2. Only arena weapons work, trying to make it so that you can play with reg. weapons as well as the ones, in KF.
    3. Bots don't respond well to when the zombies attack you.
    4. Mutators don't work/ or very few work- Need to fix that.
    5. To add some weapons/ health to the levels as well as Respawn points.
    6. Sometimes the bots accomplish objectives and activate in-game movie clips.

If anyone could help me fix these problems, please let me know. If you have any ideas, contact me by PM or by Email. Email is daydreamdirty@hotmail.com

Well anyway, just thought I would let you all know what I'm working on. So far everything seems to be coming along fine.

Yeah. I got it made and will try to put it up on my space in filefront.

It's cool in a way because it's a horror mod first of all, and second, you can do some funky things in it. I'll let you all know when the beta part is out.

PS. I take no credit for this whatso ever. I just had to edit some of the .ini files and some other odds and ends to make this work

...........Known bugs...............
    1. Some mutators don't work. Not sure why.
    2. You can play "Survival" in two teams. Need to check that out some more.
    3. Bots don't identify zombies well. IE...sometimes they run into each other.

I'll keep you updated on this.

Comment

Originally posted by daydreamdirty View Post
      Yes, it's a total Conversion of (...........well sort of anyway) of Killing Floor for Reg. use on UT2004. I actually managed to make the screen look like Killing Floor's when I loaded up onto regular UT2004 but only for a month or so before I found out that I couldn't see any of the Demos or Movies I had.

That unfortunately I don't know how to fix. But what I am trying to do is to fix up some of the maps for KF to be TDM style. So far I have 3 maps- need to fix them before I can release any to you all for beta testing.

The main problems, I'm working on are.....

1. When you spawn, it isn't in the beginning. Need to fix that.
      2. Only arena weapons work, trying to make it so that you can play with reg. weapons as well as the ones, in KF.
      3. Bots don't respond well to when the zombies attack you.
      4. Mutators don't work/ or very few work- Need to fix that.
      5. To add some weapons/ health to the levels as well as Respawn points.
      6. Sometimes the bots accomplish objectives and activate in-game movie clips.

If anyone could help me fix these problems, please let me know. If you have any ideas, contact me by PM or by Email. Email is daydreamdirty@hotmail.com

Well anyway, just thought I would let you all know what I'm working on. So far everything seems to be coming along fine.

More updates......Almost done. I got the patch for it and have installed the patch. I will include the patch in with the package- but was not able to add Killing floor to the package. Sorry folks. I'll get a good link for you all to download Killing floor separately.

More bugs/ glitches found and being worked on
      - Need to get rid of weapon caches found. No need for them to be in the level.
      - you can play UT2004 as any one of the 3 soldiers from the actual Killing floor conversion.
      - there are several mutators like "mutkillingfloor" that automatically come with the game........I'm not sure what they do, but there are 3 of them that I see. As far as I know, they do nothing in UT2004. I suspect that one of them is to reload the weapons in Killing floor after X many rounds have been used- X being the set number of rounds before being needed to reload.
      - In some levels and with some mutators, you can easily go outside of the map. Like with UTForward found on www.unrealness.com that allows you to jump faster and faster and higher and higher and other stuff like that. I'm not sure what I can do to fix that.
      - If you use Worms or another mutator that allows you to manually add the killing floor weapons to reg. maps......like rankin, they will work. Just gotta make sure you have everything you need for them, that's all.

That's about all I found so far. I'll keep you updated.
      I haven't put them up on my server yet. I'm still debugging and working on it.

Comment

All i got left is the notepad with all of the instructions on it.
        Too big for me to try and upload it somewhere......

Anyone want the instructions for this?

Comment

Working...
        X