Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Anubis from UT1

Or UT99 as I like to call it

Would it be possible to convert DM-Anubis from UT99 to UT2004?

Here's the UT99 map: http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=1895

I'd love that person forever if they did this!

I also liked this map, only bad is.. there is some warp zones
    You know, they do not wirking properly in Unreal Tournament 2004

p.s. Waiting for UT3 version, and also for remake of DMRadikus

Comment

I'm still beating a dead horse on this one, I know, but just saw this request on UT2004 and realized someone else missed this EXCELLENT map also. I really wish I had the time and talent to build maps because this one was always one of my favorites. If anybody reading this can do it on UT3 - you would find yourself with many new fans.

Comment

Screens? link is dead

Comment

is this the map hes talking bout
          http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=669

Comment

Looks like a cool map. I *might* try my hand at converting it. I'll check out the original and see how I like it.

Comment

i already converted it if you want it just needs to be finished movers need to be done
              Attached Files

Comment

Unrealloco - I got pretty stoked when I saw that you guys were talking about converting this one. I tried to download the file you have linked, but it's coming up empty for me for some reason. Anyway, did you or jefe ever play this one in UT? It really was a cool map. I know the Egyptian theme has been gone for a while, but it wasn't too overbearing in this map, and the layout of the map made for a lot of different strategies. Hiding spots, camping spots, a well placed reedemer - lots and lots of fun.

Comment

No, never played it myself. I downloaded loco's quick conversion, and I can see that it would need a lot of work - tons of bsp problems, textures, lighting to bring to up to snuff. I'm not crazy about the texture set either. I just didn't see a lot that I liked in the quick look I took. So I doubt I'll find time to work on it. I'll probably check out the original later on to see it in the original context.

Comment

Thanks, jefe. I have no idea how it's looking in the conversion, but I trust your opinion. I know that the last time I saw a bunch of screen shots of the level in UT (1), it looked terribly pale compared to all the detail and richness of 2004 and UT3.

I do hope you take the time to load it up in the original engine and check it out - it really was a cool map. At my LAN parties of old, it always ended up as one of our top rotated DM maps. So many different strategies that you could play in it, and once you found all the hiding spots and figured out the nuances of the weapon placement versus the power-ups, it was a really great map for any style of player.

Again, though, I trust your views that if it would take basically rebuilding it from scratch in UT3, nobody's probably going to be willing to take that one on. All the best - and thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                    X